Another Problem.. Bike revs super high when Start

• DBICK666
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • 1983 kz750 ltd f-1 (shaft)
More
29 Aug 2013 20:10 #603791 by DBICK666
hey i was having some porblems getting my bike started pulled carbs off and cleaned put back on bike fired up stedy at at 3k rpm i took back off and re ajusted my float bowls to 21mm as says in book if anyone els has another mesurement let me know please. 1983 kz750 f ltd. so now i put back togeter and started it now it revs up probably will go to red line if i dont shut it off any ideas on what the problem could be any help please

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Aug 2013 20:22 #603795 by Tj_saxon
This might sound crazy but check the spot on the carbs where the throttle cable connects and make sure nothing is holding it open. When I put my carbs on one of the screws on the the clamps that hold the carbs into the rubber holders caught mine and held it wide open so every time I started my bike it would rev to redline. Hope this is helpful. Good luck.

Wasting money I don't have, on parts I don't need, to impress people I don't know.

83 KZ650CSR

• DBICK666
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • 1983 kz750 ltd f-1 (shaft)
More
29 Aug 2013 20:28 #603797 by DBICK666
yea that happend to me the first time but didnt rev that high. fixed the problem then but now i got a new porblem. it looks like my throttle boots are all the way down it would olny rev the rpm if the throttle was being pulled on, im trying to make this make sence

More
29 Aug 2013 20:33 - 29 Aug 2013 20:36 #603800 by Tj_saxon
I think i understand what your saying, I am new to bikes so I have the problem of making things make sense also because I am not sure what everything is so I have a hard time describing the stuff. Have you checked for vacuum leaks. That was one of my problems with high idle. Just take some carb spray and spray it around your intake and the little rubber tubes connecting the carbs to the motor.

Edit:Nvm I forgot your bike would rev to redline...hmm this is a tough one. I'm sure someone on here has the answer though.

Wasting money I don't have, on parts I don't need, to impress people I don't know.

83 KZ650CSR
Last edit: 29 Aug 2013 20:36 by Tj_saxon.

More
30 Aug 2013 23:52 #604047 by Hollywoodmx
Replied by Hollywoodmx on topic Another Problem.. Bike revs super high when Start
check to make sure your throttle isn't bound or catching on anything.

When running turn the handle bars full each way and see if it revs higher or lower without touch the throttle. Pull on the throttle cable after the grip. If it does cange in anyway its bound on something.

- 82 GPz1100injection
- 77 Kz1075 Supercharged
- 81 Yamaha TR-1
- 81 Yamaha xv920
Calgary