vm26 pod question

More
30 Jul 2013 15:33 #599094 by NickMac
vm26 pod question was created by NickMac
Hey all so I just got some VM26s off a gs750 installed on my kz650B1. From what I have read, the larger the carb diameter will decrease velocity and possibly decrease lower end response. I am running cheapy fleabay pods, because I have some frame mods that make an air box unviable and I cannot justify spending the money on the K&N filters ($200 according to the k&N site). These "filters" are not as restrictive as running the air box or K&N filters and I want to maximize throttle response with these carbs. So, what do you guys think about partially occluding the mesh filter element on these pods to increase suction? I was thinking about just expoxying every other fold on the mesh filters to decrease air flow surface area. Any and all constructive input is appreciated.

Thanks,
Nick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• slayer61
  • User
  • KZR FLAG RELAY CARRIER #62
More
30 Jul 2013 15:42 #599096 by slayer61
Replied by slayer61 on topic vm26 pod question
Nick, you are hoping to restrict some of the airflow through your filters, and going to accomplish this by permanently sealing off half of the filter with epoxy? :blink:

What are you going to do if 50% coverage is too much? :S

If you must block off your filters for this experiment, consider taping them off with duct tape or electrical tape... That way if 50% is too much, you just remove some tape and try again until you find your happy place? :cheer:

Good luck, Paul

Don't be ridiculous! It's only a flesh wound!

[strike]Wife's little bike... 1984 GPZ 550 Kerker and DynaJet stage I kit[/strike]
Wife's BIG bike......[strike] 1981 GPZ 1100 Kerker and [strike]factory FI[/strike] Mikuni RS34s W/ K&N pods[/strike] SOLD

More
30 Jul 2013 20:35 #599117 by NickMac
Replied by NickMac on topic vm26 pod question
agreed there will definitely be some non-permanent trial and error that needs to take place :P