another petcock thread...

More
22 Jul 2013 19:12 #597755 by turboguzzi
another petcock thread... was created by turboguzzi
well, the usual story. kz750e vacuum petcock, despite all my efforts to fix, has a tendency not to shut off sometimes.

has anybody come across a good replacement source?

seen the suzuki ones from Z1 and they are not the best match for fuel exit, etc.
seen some other with 44mm bolts, but manual...

really looking for a vacuum one.

still have a plan to remachine the back surface to preload the valve more, but if this fails....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jul 2013 10:20 #597857 by Jrbrownie00
Replied by Jrbrownie00 on topic another petcock thread...

82' kz750 ltd.

More
23 Jul 2013 16:34 #597925 by turboguzzi
Replied by turboguzzi on topic another petcock thread...
yep, these are it, didnt find them before, but man, what a price!

luckily , seen your message only now :) might have changed my plan

took the tap to work today, milled of the body's rear mating surface 0.8mm with af ly cutter, polished the oring seat area with a dremel buff, and all seems well now.

looks like valve snout is a tad short on these so any little wear prevents the oring from going fully home. we'll see

More
23 Jul 2013 16:43 #597927 by Cuff
Replied by Cuff on topic another petcock thread...
If it helps and you're willing to do it I fixed the petcock on my KZ1000P by taking out the vacuum diaphragm and replaced it with a homemade cork gasket. I have always had an in-line shut off valve tucked up under the right side of the tank so fuel doesn't flow. The reserve and main still work but off is disabled and fuel will get by but stop at the shut off valve.

You also have to plug the top vent hole on the petcock or it will weep. I just used a small bolt and fabric washer for that.

Works like a charm and cost zero dollars.