replacement polyester cap PN# 110121128

• gixxerkidd03
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
21 Jul 2013 23:30 #597637 by gixxerkidd03
replacement polyester cap PN# 110121128 was created by gixxerkidd03
im looking for a replacement for the polyester cap in the float bowls. i heard the are hard to come by and the Z1 sells something that is close but not perfect. but tell me if you just think this will work. i was at ACE hardware and found a Nylon sleeve with a flang about the same size and the OEM plug. i then found a steel dowl that when tapped inside fits like a glove in the bore of the carburetor. my only question is do you think the nylon will break down in the gas? or will i have an issue with the steel dowl oxidizing in the gasoline? here are some photos i took on a spare carb body.

[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

1981 KZ750e
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Motor Head
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
More
21 Jul 2013 23:36 #597639 by Motor Head
Replied by Motor Head on topic replacement polyester cap PN# 110121128
You would have to be careful with that dowel, as it looks long enough to block the full circuit. There is a drilling where the fuel comes over from the main jet well, to the pilot jet. This is the reason for the caps, so it pulls fuel through this feed circuit. If you push that dowel in very far you may block it. Also it may touch up against the head of the pilot jet, which could also starve that circuit for fuel. As far as the nylon, just let it soak for a few days in some Deathanol gas and see if it does the shimmy!

1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.