I rebuilt the BS34's and WT Happened

More
20 Jul 2013 20:03 #597489 by swaluda
I rebuilt the BS34's and WT Happened was created by swaluda
I took my time and I know I did a good job, BUT put the carbs back on, added gas and cranked my 82 Kawasaki 1100 d2 Spectre. The idle screw is adjusted all the way down and it just revs 4 5 6 grand and I have to turn the key off so it doesn't blow. Did this 4 or 5 times tryin to fiqure out what happened. I connected all the hoses the same way I took them off.. Oh,The throttle cable isn't binding, that seems fine. Need some suggestions on where I might begin to remedy this situation. Thanks, Stan I dipped the carbs in gunk, do you think the choke might come to play here, and if so, what can I do.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Motor Head
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
More
20 Jul 2013 20:12 - 20 Jul 2013 20:14 #597491 by Motor Head
Replied by Motor Head on topic I rebuilt the BS34's and WT Happened
Did you perform a Bench Sync? Look at setting all 4 butterflies to be open at the same time, and be able to close when the main Idle speed screw is turned out. They only need a slight opening, to get Idle.
Otherwise you probably have a vacuum leak, or too lean. How many turns are your mixtures screws open? 2?
Did you set the Wet Fuel Level with the Clear Tube Test? Or just a dry height float adjustment?

1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...
Last edit: 20 Jul 2013 20:14 by Motor Head.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.