NEED HELP ON MY 82 KAWASAKI 1100D2 34BS CONNECTION

More
14 Jul 2013 18:51 #596499 by swaluda
cANT SEEM TO FIQURE IT OUT. I HAVE 3 FUEL RAIL CONNECTIONS. THE ONE IN THE MIDDLE I HAVE GOING TO MY GAS TANK. THE OTHER ONES ON EACH END ARE TIED TOGETHER AND BLOCKED OF AT A TEE. I HAVE 3 VACUM LINES BY THE BUTTERFLYS.. THE TWO ON EACH END ARE CONNECTED TOGETHER AND GO TO A VACUM DIAPHRAM AND THE THIRD ONE ON THE SECOND CARB IN (FROM YOUR LEFT HAND IF YOUR SITTING ON THE BIKE) IS CONNECTED ALSO TO THE SMALLER CONNECTION ON THE GAS TANK. PLEASE TELL ME IF THIS IS CORRECT. THANKS STAN

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jul 2013 12:58 #596606 by Cynjut
If these are the carb bowl breather lines, then they shouldn't be blocked off, although going to a T would be perfectly reasonable. The rest of the lines sound right.

1977 KZ-1000 A1
1982 KZ-1000 M2 Frankenbike

• gd4now
  • Away
  • User
  • Denco where did you go?
More
15 Jul 2013 15:41 #596629 by gd4now
There are 2 basic types of the BS34 regarding bowl vents. Some have the vents in the carb intake bell and some have them located between the carbs (between #1 and #2, and between #3 and #4) If the "T" fittings you are speaking of are these vents then yes they need to be open.

I have attached a couple of pics that I hope help answer your question.

1977 KZ650 B1
Pods and Denco header

OLD KAW OWNERS SMILE ALOT

Attachments:

More
15 Jul 2013 18:40 #596646 by swaluda
Yeah, GD4now, I have the carbs that are on top of the picture of different bs34 carbs. So, I take it that of the 3 larger connections, which all seem to be on the same fuel rail. that the middle one goes to my gas tank and the other 2 just tie together with the tee and not plugged off. My vacumn connections, the smaller ones, 4 of em, I have the 2 end ones teeing into a vacuum diaphragm under the front of my gas tank, one goes to my petcock connection and the other just has a rubber boot on it. What do you think, we getting closer. Just trying to do it right so I can cruise with confidence, Thanks Stan

More
15 Jul 2013 19:00 #596650 by havakaw
OK...Obviously the largest one in the middle is the main fuel line.The other fittings at the top right side of each carb body are for these purposes:>1 goes to the smaller fitting on the petcock.It actuates the vacuum "pump" on the petcock for fuel flow. Two of them would go to the ASS(Air Suction System) that would regulate the "PCV" valve tucked up under the tank,with the two big hoses going to either side of the valve cover.The last fitting is generally plugged off with a cap.Best advice...Take off the ASS parts and throw them at the neighbor's cat. Take a length of hose and run it between the ports on the front of the valve cover,using hose vlamps to secure them.Make sure you have one small hose going back to the petcock. The other three you can block off either with plugs or sections of tubing and short bolts.3/16" not 1/4" tubing works best.

'80 KZ 750 LTD-H
'82 KZ 1100 A-2 Shafty (ex-bagger)

• Motor Head
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
More
15 Jul 2013 21:37 #596668 by Motor Head
If you post a picture of your issue, it will be much clearer. Affording you the correct answer.

1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...