Fuel and vacuum lines

More
22 May 2013 00:27 #588660 by nickleo373
Fuel and vacuum lines was created by nickleo373

Attachment gasline.jpg not found

Hello Everyone
I recently bought a 1981 KZ550 LTD. The previous owner took the fuel and vacuum lines off of the bike except for the one in the attached picture. I was wondering if this is the correct placement of this line and it would be appreciated if anyone had a picture of the rest of the fuel and vacuum lines attached to a carb for reference.
Thanks
Nick

1981 KZ550C LTD
"If you ain't first, you're last"
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Motor Head
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
More
22 May 2013 09:54 #588714 by Motor Head
Replied by Motor Head on topic Fuel and vacuum lines

nickleo373 wrote:

Attachment gasline.jpg not found

Hello Everyone
I recently bought a 1981 KZ550 LTD. The previous owner took the fuel and vacuum lines off of the bike except for the one in the attached picture. I was wondering if this is the correct placement of this line and it would be appreciated if anyone had a picture of the rest of the fuel and vacuum lines attached to a carb for reference.
Thanks
Nick

No. That is actually the fuel line that is attached at the Carb Tee fitting. It is supposed to go to the petcock not the Engine Breather. The Engine Breather would hook to the Airbox, unless you have Pod's. Then a small filter would attach there.
You need a service manual. Member Loudhvx maintains a site for the 550's, and has a free pdf of a factory service manual, along with LOTs of other info. home.comcast.net/~loudgpz/GPZweb/Mnls/Mnls.html

1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...

More
22 May 2013 16:59 #588780 by nickleo373
Replied by nickleo373 on topic Fuel and vacuum lines
Ahh thanks a lot. I don't know why the guy put it there :huh:

1981 KZ550C LTD
"If you ain't first, you're last"