Which carb to buy for KZ 1000 to replace Lectrons?

More
11 May 2013 15:59 #586881 by anotherZ
I have a carb question. I bought by 1000 LTD with 40 mm Lectron carbs on there (also came with a widenened swingarm to take a drag tire and a brand new 16 inch drag tire). I want to make the bike streetable, not very interested in any high performance stuff. I think the motor is stock, but I am not sure. What carbs should I get? The original 28mm Mikunis? Of course smoothbores would be nice, but I don't want to spend much more than what I can sell the Lectrons for. Any suggestions appreciated!

79 KZ 1000 LTD
Saved it from becoming a drag bike
Smaller tank

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• kawasaki mike
  • User
  • kawasaki mike
More
11 May 2013 16:51 #586888 by kawasaki mike
Replied by kawasaki mike on topic Which carb to buy for KZ 1000 to replace Lectrons?

Attachment lastentry115.JPG not found

Attachment lastentry116.JPG not found

Attachment lastentry010.JPG not found

Attachment lastentry095.JPG not found

I have a set of vm 28 ss carbs in like new condition I will sell you. They work beautifully. I would like to get 400.00 but will talk. Am sending a picture of them on my kz. (701 425 7461)

Am addicted to Z1's and kz 900's have an el camino, fly rc helicoptors and am strung out on horsepower.
Attachments:

• kawasaki mike
  • User
  • kawasaki mike
More
11 May 2013 16:54 #586889 by kawasaki mike
Replied by kawasaki mike on topic Which carb to buy for KZ 1000 to replace Lectrons?

Attachment lastentry115.JPG not found

Attachment lastentry116.JPG not found

Attachment lastentry010.JPG not found

Attachment lastentry095.JPG not found

I have a set of vm 28 ss carbs in like new condition I will sell you. They work beautifully. I would like to get 400.00 but will talk. Am sending a picture of them on my kz. (701 425 7461)

Am addicted to Z1's and kz 900's have an el camino, fly rc helicoptors and am strung out on horsepower.
Attachments:

More
11 May 2013 23:54 #586953 by anotherZ
Nice bike and really clean carbs as it seems. Do they have the accelerator pump? Won't be able to spend that much though, have some other bits and pieces to buy.

79 KZ 1000 LTD
Saved it from becoming a drag bike
Smaller tank

• kawasaki mike
  • User
  • kawasaki mike
More
12 May 2013 00:47 #586958 by kawasaki mike
They had the pumps but I chose to disconect them and changed the pump float bowl to be the same as the other three. I never was a fan of pumper carbs and these 28 vm ss were the only ones I could find. Been looking for 29 smoothbores and finally found a set so I took the 28's off. They are like brand new and work very well. The least I could go is 375. I did re-polish all 4 of the carbs and they look like chrome now.