Will 28mm pumpers work good with pump disconnected

More
11 May 2013 04:53 #586828 by Acegboogie
Sir, I purchased a 28mm pumper (Mikuni) carb off ebay for $70.00. Its complete and just very dirty. Everything appears to work (slides move freely) but the pump arm was disconnected and wired to the float bowl fuel lines. My intentions are to rebuild the carbs top to bottom. But my question to you is can these carbs be ran effectively (perform good) with the pump disconnected? I have been told since they have two fuel outlets they will perform normally. If so do I plug off the bowl to bowl fuel lines from the pump or just how should this be done. My bike by the way is a 80 KZ1000 ltd, stock 1015, pod filters, 4-1 VH header, dyna s with green coils. I understand these needles aren't adjustable (no slots) so how would you jet? Any information you provide will be greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• kawasaki mike
  • User
  • kawasaki mike
More
11 May 2013 17:07 #586894 by kawasaki mike
Replied by kawasaki mike on topic Will 28mm pumpers work good with pump disconnected

Attachment lastentry095.JPG not found

I did that exact same thing. In each bowl, i filled the squirt passages with epoxy after I removed the brass insarts and springs. Then I did away with the large #3 bowl and replaced with a standard bowl. Then just cap each bowl with a rubber cap. Mine work great after I put 17.5 pilots in and shimmed the needles what amounts to one clip down. (raising the needle) as the needles only had one groove. Also I am using 117.5 main jets. My bike is a 900 bored to 1015 with 10 1/4 to pistons and pods and marving open 4 into 1 header.

Am addicted to Z1's and kz 900's have an el camino, fly rc helicoptors and am strung out on horsepower.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.