Pilot jet caps issue

More
08 May 2013 13:52 #586341 by GoodKoalaT
Pilot jet caps issue was created by GoodKoalaT
Hey guys. So I ordered some new pilot jet caps from bikebandit and the day they were supposed to ship I get an email from them saying they have been discontinued. This might be a stupid question but how necessary are these caps? If they are essential to the carb, any ideas on where else to grab these guys from? I typically buy everything from bikebandit. Thanks for all of the help!

1982 KZ750N Spectre

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 May 2013 16:15 - 08 May 2013 16:29 #586361 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic Pilot jet caps issue
BS34?

Z1E has these listed for other brands, and as I recall one of them also fits BS34 but don't remember which.
Would inquire at Z1E.

www.z1enterprises.com
Search: pilot jet plug

Good Fortune! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
Last edit: 08 May 2013 16:29 by Patton.

More
08 May 2013 16:55 #586371 by martin_csr
Replied by martin_csr on topic Pilot jet caps issue
For future reference & you've probably already figured this out, but you can check Kawasaki.com to see if parts are listed as Active or Cancelled. Partzilla lists nla parts as Part Obsolete.

If something is apparently nla, you can try ebbaayy or the dealer. Kawasaki dealers are supposed to have a nationwide parts lookup for stuff that is listed in the individual dealers' stock, even though it may come up as Cancelled in the on-line lookups.

More
08 May 2013 17:11 #586376 by GoodKoalaT
Replied by GoodKoalaT on topic Pilot jet caps issue
Thanks for the help. I just called a local shop and they said they could get it ordered. The guy actually recommended not putting the pilot caps back in but to use a finger of grease to plug the hole. He said that's what they do in the shop. Anyone heard of this before? I'm a little skeptical.

1982 KZ750N Spectre

More
08 May 2013 17:16 #586378 by havakaw
Replied by havakaw on topic Pilot jet caps issue
I guess you are talking about the pilot screws?The best thing,if you are not going to keep it outside or in the rain,is to coat the threads with anti-seize.The caps were just to keep the Gummint happy so somebody wouldn't over-rich the bike and make smog.

'80 KZ 750 LTD-H
'82 KZ 1100 A-2 Shafty (ex-bagger)

More
08 May 2013 19:30 #586402 by GoodKoalaT
Replied by GoodKoalaT on topic Pilot jet caps issue
Perfect. Thanks for the help. I was getting mixed answers on google.

1982 KZ750N Spectre