carb not getting fuel?

More
20 Apr 2013 13:06 #583281 by dan123
carb not getting fuel? was created by dan123
i was doing the clear tube test on my carbs and when i got to my #1 carb hardly any gas came out of the drain tube. i tried to let it fill up again but it didnt make a difference. i just had them apart and blew everything out with compressed air so im stumped at what this could be. the needle does not stick and the float is adjusted the same as the others. any ideas? thanks

1982 kz550C LTD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Apr 2013 13:29 - 23 Apr 2013 13:30 #583694 by baldy110
Replied by baldy110 on topic carb not getting fuel?
Take the bowl off the offending carb and see if gas flows if not then there is a blockage, trace the passegesways to the blockage.
Last edit: 23 Apr 2013 13:30 by baldy110.

More
24 Apr 2013 00:17 #583783 by BLACKBEARD
Replied by BLACKBEARD on topic carb not getting fuel?
Maybe check valve assembly. :blink:

83 Gpz 750 named Rusty.

• donthaveakawman
  • Visitor
24 Apr 2013 02:26 #583793 by donthaveakawman
Replied by donthaveakawman on topic carb not getting fuel?
maybe spray some compressed air through the fuel line or what have you. not carb cleaner unless you want to melt your floats, fuel lines and gaskets.

More
28 Apr 2013 13:50 #584452 by zedninehunner
Replied by zedninehunner on topic carb not getting fuel?
Had you reset your float height tabs during this process? If you have, you may have bent the tab too high, you are closing off the float valve way too early and little to no gas is getting in to the float bowl. Also check for your float sticking, you can twist or mis shape the floats when bending the tabs causing them to foul against the bowl edges or jet assemblys. To prove you are getting fuel into the bowl remove the float and valve,replace the bowl,switch on fuel and it should drain out your clear tube you have attached to your drain plug on the float bowl,that will prove you do not have a blockage else where.Have you replaced the float valve as part of your re assembly? , if so try the old one back in again and also check the new one is springing on and off.Usually the replacement float valves ( Keyster for example)have weak springs as against strong or sticky springs, usually resulting in fuel overflowing. The opposite of the problem you have, but I guess any extra info helps.

1976 Z900A4, 1977 RD250 , 1999 YZF R6

More
28 Apr 2013 18:28 #584496 by dan123
Replied by dan123 on topic carb not getting fuel?
thanks everyone, some more compressed air through the passageways took care of the blockage

1982 kz550C LTD