Unneeded pieces in a Stage III Dynojet kit

More
11 Apr 2013 10:45 #581788 by pnedac
Good day! I have a78 KZ650 and I am rebuilding it. I picked up a Mac 4-to-1 exhause and pod K&N filters so I figured I would definitely have to rejet. I picked up a Dyno jet Stage III kit and I was starting the process last night when I was a little confused.

In that kit there is a coupld extra pieces and I am not sure if maybe they are for a different model (I know sometimes these kits are not just for one model, but can cover several like a 650, 750, 900, 1000). So the piece in question is what would appear to be a new mixture screw and spring(the spring is underneath the screw).

The piece does not fit my carbs (mine are the stockers). Is it safe to just disregard this piece if it is not needed?

Any help is appreciated and sorry I do not have a picture of said screw, but I can take one later today if it's help.

Cheers

78 KZ650 B

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Apr 2013 12:35 #581807 by baldy110
Replied by baldy110 on topic Unneeded pieces in a Stage III Dynojet kit
Your KZ650 will have the VM24 mikuni carbs. They are not on any of the bigger bikes so the jet kit should be specific to your model. I have installed a lot of jet jet kits including the one you are talking about but I don't know what part you are referring to. Do you have a pic?

More
11 Apr 2013 12:46 #581813 by pnedac
Replied by pnedac on topic Unneeded pieces in a Stage III Dynojet kit
I will take a picture of the part in question and post it up this afternoon for sure. I appreciate the response.

The only reason I thought that the kit might cover more than one model is that the charts and paperwork refer to other models as well and I know that there have been other bike that I have installed these on and there can be parts that you might not need such as extra jets and whatnot. Thanks again!

78 KZ650 B

More
11 Apr 2013 12:51 - 11 Apr 2013 12:55 #581814 by Patton
Last edit: 11 Apr 2013 12:55 by Patton.

More
11 Apr 2013 13:49 #581825 by pnedac
Patton I think you just answered my question. The Dynojet kit is not the same as the one you sent me the link to, but the good news is that the one you sent me a link to does NOT include the odd mixture screw in question which tells me that indeed it musn't be needed.

Thanks a million.

Now the only other question I have is where that little silver washer is supposed to go. I did not see one anywhere int eh carbs that needed to be replaced so I am not sure about why it is in the kit. The installation guide did not seem to address the washer either. I thought it might go between the new needle and clip in the slide housing, but I did not see that the original needle had a washer on it so I am not sure that the new one would need a washer on it either. Any suggestions?

78 KZ650 B

More
11 Apr 2013 13:57 #581827 by pnedac
Actually it was not the Dynojet kit that I had the quesiton on! I also got rebuild kits for it and the needle/screw I am referring to is the one on the bottom right hand side of the picture of the kit in the below link. The one right above it is the one that the bike has in it so I am not sure what that one on the bottom right is for. Any hints?

www.z1enterprises.com/ItemDetails.aspx?i...77-79&item=KL18-2429

Sorry for getting my signals crossed there. I really appreciate the help. I picked up the rebuild kits knowing that I would not need all the pieces because of the Dynojet kit, but I knew I would need most of them. It got down to where I just had the longer of the two springs and the screw/needle on the bottom right and could not see where they were supposed to go on the carbs.

78 KZ650 B

More
11 Apr 2013 16:54 #581863 by baldy110
Replied by baldy110 on topic Unneeded pieces in a Stage III Dynojet kit
Well that clears things up. Most carbs kits are going to have parts you won't use, they do cover numerous models and put parts in for all of them.