• recez
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • 74 kz400 D
More
02 Apr 2013 12:30 #580176 by recez
decel throttle cable issue was created by recez
hey guys,
as I'm putting the 74 kz400 i got stuck reattaching the deceleration throttle cable. I was able to get the acceleration cable attached
in both the pully and the and the adjustment screw bracket located on the carb, however, I can't say the same for the decel cable.
when I put the catch into the pully and try to get enough slack to place the adjustment into the bracket it doens't seem to have enough slack (yes i did turn the trottle as suggested in manual). I will take a picture to give a better idea what is going on. I literaly spent 2 hours messing with this one cable.. Tried taking the carbs off (no difference), tried assembling the cable in reverse, by putting the carb end into the pully and bracket the trying to hook it up to the throttle grip. again there wasn't enough slack to get tip into the housing.
these are not the stock handle bars (switched to clubmans)... but if the acceleration cable will work, it stands to reason that the decel cable should work as well. There is probably something simple I'm missing... and sorry to post something like this on the forum... but I'm losing precious hours with this one cable.

thanks
matt

74 kz400 D cafe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• recez
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • 74 kz400 D
More
02 Apr 2013 16:57 #580226 by recez
Replied by recez on topic decel throttle cable issue
I got it. the daylight helped... I was rushing last night.. just a couple of tweaks and I got it assembled.

74 kz400 D cafe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.