Throttle lever won't reach throttle stop screw

More
31 Mar 2013 15:21 #579816 by daless
Continuation of thread from the engine section . Figured I'd switch to here where it belongs.

Been a while since I've had much time to figure things out, but I'm still stuck trying to get the bench sync right. I left off with the advice below from Patton, but still can't get the throttle lever up to the open stop screw and want to get this taken care of before going any further.

Patton wrote: A mistake is sometimes made during the bench sync by failing to leave sufficient thread remaining on the idle adjustment screw to permit further lowering the throttle slides as is often required during the later running sync.

This error is what may cause the problem described as, the throttle lever never comes into contact with the throttle stop screw. Is that right? The screw seems effectively useless....

Good Fortune! :)

Can anyone go into further detail on this? Can't seem to figure it out with Clymer or Sudco. I must be missing something.

'77 KZ1000A1 - Mikuni VM29s, Kerker 4-1, K&N pods, LTD mags, Z2 seat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Mar 2013 15:36 - 31 Mar 2013 15:38 #579818 by Patton
During the bench-sync procedure, while setting the throttle slide heights to lowest equal positions, the idle adjustment screw should be touching the stop, and with sufficient thread left remaining to permit further lowering of the throttle slides.

Good Fortune! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
Last edit: 31 Mar 2013 15:38 by Patton.

More
31 Mar 2013 16:16 #579821 by daless
Okay, thanks. I'll see where that gets me next chance I have to get in there.

'77 KZ1000A1 - Mikuni VM29s, Kerker 4-1, K&N pods, LTD mags, Z2 seat