K&N air filter for KZ750

More
05 Mar 2013 20:50 #575513 by undiablo
K&N air filter for KZ750 was created by undiablo
Folks,

I bought a NOS K&N air filter for my KZ750. I won it in an Ebay aunction. The thing is the manual says it is pre-oiled....but the filter is very old, however it was in its original box and plastic sealed.

Is the oil still there? or should I oil it again?

Here in Argentina it is difficult to get K&N air filter oil....can I use any alternative oil? viscosity?

Kawasaki KZ 750/4 LTD 1981
Kawasaki KLR 650 2011
Argentina - Buenos Aires
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Mar 2013 01:03 - 06 Mar 2013 01:08 #575581 by bountyhunter
Replied by bountyhunter on topic K&N air filter for KZ750
I think you can use silicone spray lube on air filters. I have seen people do it.

I use a product called "No Toil" oil on my foam air filters. It is a synthetic, biodegradable oil product that dissolves in their cleaning solution.

Free advice, for what it's worth:

Not sure if this has been posted before, but I'll do it anyway.

As we all know, K&N filters need to be cleaned now and then since all that crap gets caught in it. Well instead of buying the $20 recharge kit from K&N, this way will only cost you $2 or even less.

Start off by spraying water from the inside out. Try to take your time if it's really dirty. Just keep doing that until the filter seems somewhat clean. Then fill up a sink or tub with warm soapy water, and shake the filter around to loosen all the old dirt and oil that comes on the filters. After that, just spray it with the hose again until all the soap is out of the filter, and let the filter dry overnight. Then get some Silicone Spray and spray the filter evenly until it becomes evenly saturated.

Woo hoo you're done.

zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/109250-free-way-r...our-k-n-filters.html

1979 KZ-750 Twin
Last edit: 06 Mar 2013 01:08 by bountyhunter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: undiablo

More
06 Mar 2013 15:23 #575655 by undiablo
Replied by undiablo on topic K&N air filter for KZ750
Thanks for the tip bountyhunter! Very usefull

Kawasaki KZ 750/4 LTD 1981
Kawasaki KLR 650 2011
Argentina - Buenos Aires