needlejet holders

• donthaveakawman
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
02 Mar 2013 19:28 #574932 by donthaveakawman
needlejet holders was created by donthaveakawman
the needljet on the slide vacuum slide- keihin 34x4 has stuck in the past. I bent them straight because they were bent out of wack. I would like to get new ones. I found some online that are right around 60 bucks for the set. where can I find them cheaper? part number 13091-1050 I hate to spend that much money and get little improvement. :pinch:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• gd4now
  • User
  • Denco where did you go?
More
02 Mar 2013 21:57 #574971 by gd4now
Replied by gd4now on topic needlejet holders
First need some clarification on what it is you are asking about. There is a difference between the needle jet, the jet needle and the needle jet holder or as it is sometimes called the bleed/blend tube or pipe. The needle jet is a small brass fitting that is pressed into the carb. The jet needle passes through the needle jet. The needle jet holder screws into the carb below the needle jet and the jet needle passes through it. The main jet screw into the bottom of the needle jet holder.

The part# you posted is for the needle jet holder and not for the jet needle or the needle jet. Since you say that you have straighten them in the past, I assume you are talking about the jet needle as I do not see how you would go about straightening the needle jet or the needle jet holder.

1977 KZ650 B1
Pods and Denco header

OLD KAW OWNERS SMILE ALOT

• donthaveakawman
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
02 Mar 2013 22:18 - 02 Mar 2013 22:26 #574975 by donthaveakawman
Replied by donthaveakawman on topic needlejet holders
yup, needle jet holder. holds onto the secondary main jet
it was more warped than anything looked like it got hot. kinda white like lean spark plugs would be. my guess is the valve adjustment that should have been done long ago cause fire from below.

if you can see them in the photo above the carbs below the floats and next to the fuel filter they are white, what you can't see is how bent they are. what would cause that besides heat.
Last edit: 02 Mar 2013 22:26 by donthaveakawman.