tuned for airbox but swapping to pod filters

More
14 Feb 2013 16:53 #572377 by jbalet666
Replied by jbalet666 on topic tuned for airbox but swapping to pod filters
I'm sorry guys when I was talking about selling it "here" I meant where I live I'm keeping all the stock parts in my possession in case I sell it one day because I'm sure it would be easier to sell

On another note I greatly appreciate all of your kind and helpful words
I come from a family with a big history in motorcycles and a deep love for cafe racers and unfortunately all those with the know how and information I need are either not reachable (for personal reasons) or older now and its hard for me to obtain the help I need and its very nice to have somewhere where a newbie can go and get help and constructive criticism
Once again thanks

81 650csr
AoA
old soul young blood

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Feb 2013 16:56 #572378 by jbalet666

Proxy wrote: Dude it's your bike. Something some of us forget. Make it nice and make it safe and make it yours. There are members here who enjoy all bikes. It's not like those sites where all bikes have to have an HD on them. Don't get me wrong there either I like HD's. But not most HD fans. I got the same problem with religion. You don't build a bike that everyone will go ooooh at because not everyone will. Get over it and build the bike that will grab your ass, spark you imagination and slap a smile on your fugly puss. Some will blow their noses at you and your ride, some will wave and give you a thumbs up and some will chase you for a mile just to see your machine and share something with you. This place is pretty good. Sure there are some people who say things like I can't stand Bobbers or Cafe's or Jamokey's Bike is a POS (I hope there are no Jamokey's here). But just by their statement you should be able to tell what kind of biker/person they are. Join them or be yourself. I'd like to see this CSR Cafe. Bring it on!

Thanks so much for the encouraging words I've read up on chef ottos car cafe build and I'm going to do a similar build but I'm trying to go for a rat rodded version of a race ish bike if that makes any sense I'm going to start a thread soon so look out for that soon

81 650csr
AoA
old soul young blood

More
14 Feb 2013 19:13 - 15 Feb 2013 12:03 #572400 by martin_csr
Replied by martin_csr on topic tuned for airbox but swapping to pod filters
The bike in the link above would serve as a good pattern. Police bike fork gaiters or 750 Spectre's. Drag bars or whatever style you prefer. Bar end mirrors. You could relocate the turn signals to the headlight bucket (easy) or the forks (probably easy as well). Integrated tail light w turn signals. 82 650/750 headlight bracket. Cut down the foam on your seat & get a CR style seat cover.
Last edit: 15 Feb 2013 12:03 by martin_csr.

More
15 Feb 2013 11:42 #572477 by jbalet666

martin_csr wrote: The bike in the link above would serve as a good pattern. Police bike fork gaiters or 750 Spectre's. Drag bars or whatever style you prefer. Bar end mirrors. You could relocate the turn signals to the headlight bucket (easy) or the forks (probably easy as well). Integrated tail light w turn signals. 82 650/750 headlight bracket. Cut down the foam on your seat & get a CR style seat cover. done.

I think I'm going to just push the for up in the tree a tad
and I already started on the electrical
And I am ordering a seat from dime city soon
I'm using a lot of what chef Otto did for reference

81 650csr
AoA
old soul young blood