KZ750 Carb Help! Whats the screw on the top front

• ironslave
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • sup
More
12 Feb 2013 00:18 #572019 by ironslave
So looking at the carbs from behind on top in the front of each carb is a screw and I believe it is the air mix screw but I am not really sure. How to I use these to get the best performance across all carbs?

1981 KZ750 LTD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• gd4now
  • User
  • Denco where did you go?
More
12 Feb 2013 02:52 #572036 by gd4now
The stock carbs on a 81 750 LTD were Keihin CV34's. The screw you are speaking of is a pilot screw and not an air screw.

It either decreases or increases the amount of the air/fuel mix from the pilot circuit into the carb on the engine side of the butterfly valve. It does not effect the ratio of the fuel/air mix in the pilot circuit. Rather, just how much is allowed to enter via the pilot outlet.

An air screw would either decrease or increase the amount of air from the pilot air jet allowed to mix with the fuel pulled up via the pilot jet - it effects the ratio of air/fuel mix in the pilot circuit.

Adjustment is just the opposite for each.

Pilot screw - turn out to increase and turn in to decrease the amount of air/fuel mix allowed to enter via the pilot outlet

Air screw - turn out to lean the air/fuel mix in the pilot circuit or turn in to richen the mix in the pilot circuit

1977 KZ650 B1
Pods and Denco header

OLD KAW OWNERS SMILE ALOT

The following user(s) said Thank You: ironslave

• donthaveakawman
  • Visitor
12 Feb 2013 02:55 #572038 by donthaveakawman
Replied by donthaveakawman on topic KZ750 Carb Help! Whats the screw on the top front
yup!

• ironslave
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • sup
More
12 Feb 2013 03:31 #572046 by ironslave

gd4now wrote: Pilot screw - turn out to increase and turn in to decrease the amount of air/fuel mix allowed to enter via the pilot outlet

Ok to make sure I have it right... Turn out to increase pilot fuel amount which is premixed. Turn in to decrease premixed pilot feed. I know why I am having issues with it then. lol so how do I find the optimum setting of each?

1981 KZ750 LTD

More
12 Feb 2013 07:59 - 12 Feb 2013 08:04 #572055 by Old Man Rock
Replied by Old Man Rock on topic KZ750 Carb Help! Whats the screw on the top front
Follow the link for a complete CV carb rebuild with images & bench sync.... ;)

CV Carb rebuild...

1976 KZ900-A4
MTC 1075cc.
Camshafts: Kawi GPZ-1100 .375 lift
Head: P&P via Larry Cavanaugh
ZX636 suspension
MIKUNI, RS-34'S...
Kerker 4-1, 1.5" comp baffle.
Dyna-S E.I.
Earls 10 row Oil Cooler
Acewell 2802 Series Speedo/Tach
Innovate LC1 Wideband 02 AFR meter

Phoenix, Az
Last edit: 12 Feb 2013 08:04 by Old Man Rock.

• donthaveakawman
  • Visitor
12 Feb 2013 10:39 #572063 by donthaveakawman
Replied by donthaveakawman on topic KZ750 Carb Help! Whats the screw on the top front
I have experience in the matter of cvc axles, the manual says to set them at 2 full turns out from the bottom and you can mettle with them then.