KZ650 Carb rebuild?

More
07 Feb 2013 23:15 #571402 by Ironman21
KZ650 Carb rebuild? was created by Ironman21
Anyone know where I can get a carb rebuild kit for a KZ650? I have searched and found some but they were like 30 bucks for each set...I need 4 sets (4 carbs). Know of a better idea?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• wireman
  • User
  • The most interesting prick in the world
More
07 Feb 2013 23:32 #571407 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic KZ650 Carb rebuild?
Most of the time all they need is bowl gaskets unless they've been buried in the yard for years. B)
Take them apart first and soak them in carb cleaner/scrub em up and blow em out really good and reassemble with new gaskets B)

posting from deep under a non-descript barn in an undisclosed location southwest of Omaha.

More
07 Feb 2013 23:54 - 07 Feb 2013 23:57 #571411 by martin_csr
Replied by martin_csr on topic KZ650 Carb rebuild?
Z1Enterprises.com will have the gaskets & starter plunger caps. They may also have the fuel joint & fuel Tee o-rings if yours are metal. Z1 may have the rubber fuel fittings if yours are rubber.

If they are still available from the dealer, Z1 can get the starter plunger o-rings - these are an odd size - large diameter but thin cross-section.

A metric nitrile o-ring kit will have sizes that are closs enough for the main-jet/bleeder-pipe & drain screws; and for the accelerator pump nozzles if your bike has the accel pump. Not sure if the kits have the tiny air mixture screw o-rings.

There is a guy who sells VM24 o-ring kits. Search for cycleorings.com.
Last edit: 07 Feb 2013 23:57 by martin_csr.