82 kz750 ltd carburetors

More
02 Dec 2012 21:18 #561014 by X_Saint
82 kz750 ltd carburetors was created by X_Saint
I'm new to the motorcycle world, but i recently bought myself an 82 kz750 and I know it could use a carb cleaning. I know I can eventually tackle this by myself but does anyone have tips about cleaning this model or know a good site or video to help me along. Maybe products i should use too. I have carb cleaner but that's about it. Thanks a bunch, Dylan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Dec 2012 21:54 #561022 by undiablo
Replied by undiablo on topic 82 kz750 ltd carburetors
Rule number one: never use carb cleaner if there still is any rubber part inside the carbs. It will destroy o'rings and diaphragms.

What you want to clean is float bowl, jets and all the air/fuel passages. You could use spray carb cleaner or submerge all the pieces in the product. Some folks use pinesol with nice results. Always check and clean everything with compressed air.

To maintain the work you did, use a good in line filter and drain the fuel float bowls in winter (if you plan to not use the bike).

Good fortune.

Kawasaki KZ 750/4 LTD 1981
Kawasaki KLR 650 2011
Argentina - Buenos Aires
The following user(s) said Thank You: X_Saint

More
06 Dec 2012 18:33 #561738 by havakaw
Replied by havakaw on topic 82 kz750 ltd carburetors
Before you start,make sure you can loosen up the Pilot Screws.They need to come out with-out much difficulty.#2>GET A BOOK!!!#3>Get an Allen scerw/bolt kit.Cheap on E-bay.#4> High vacuum grease works GREAT holding the bowl gaskets in place.#5>Get 4 FULL rebuild kits!!!#6>Spray carb cleaner works good for cleaning the brass jets.Just for fun,go on E-bay,and get a set of 127.5 mains.They'll give a little more "Juice" at speed.Stockers should be 125's.#7>A gallon can of "Gunk" carb cleaner works REALLY good for cleaning the body parts.After soaking,spray them down really well.#8> A good Tap set with the right thread size/pitch to chase ALL the holes will work wonders.#9 A smear of Anti-Seize on the new Pilot Screw Threads will keep them from seizing up in thier bores.And when you are all said and done, a good Mercury manometer will Synch them up really well.Rember it's ALL in the DETAILS!!!!

'80 KZ 750 LTD-H
'82 KZ 1100 A-2 Shafty (ex-bagger)
The following user(s) said Thank You: X_Saint