Choke Spring placement? (resolved, i'm a dolt)

More
04 Nov 2012 12:34 - 04 Nov 2012 13:01 #557010 by jbeebe1
Hey everyone, so i finally narrowed down my leaking carbs to cracked overflow tubes. i'm still determining the best way to solder them, so any advice is appreciated: www.kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/551488...t=20&start=40#557009

But i somehow popped off the choke spring that links to the other carb's choke lever. So without the spring hooked onto the other choke's lever, only the one side moves. The FSM only states to hook it on, but i fiddled with it for 30 minutes and still can't figure it out. Could anyone explain or take a close-up pic of theirs and post it? Thanks guys:

You can see the spring hanging down, unsure of how it hooks onto the lever. I tried just hooking onto the "outside" of it where it looks most apparent, but then it doesn't allow the choke to return. Does the spring hook on from the "outside" or the "inside" of the carb body?

79 Honda 400 Hondamatic
79 Honda CB650
81 Honda CX500
81 Honda Passport C70
others coming in and out all the time!
Last edit: 04 Nov 2012 13:01 by jbeebe1.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• wireman
  • User
  • The most interesting prick in the world
More
04 Nov 2012 12:55 #557011 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic Choke Spring placement?
Try spinning it towards front of carbs same direction its going now to see if that keeps tension on spring then hook into that little slot to hold it B)

posting from deep under a non-descript barn in an undisclosed location southwest of Omaha.

More
04 Nov 2012 13:00 #557012 by jbeebe1
Replied by jbeebe1 on topic Choke Spring placement?

wireman wrote: Try spinning it towards front of carbs same direction its going now to see if that keeps tension on spring then hook into that little slot to hold it B)

Bingo Bango: man, it seems so simple now that I did it, sometimes you just need an outside brain after over-thinking it for so long.

79 Honda 400 Hondamatic
79 Honda CB650
81 Honda CX500
81 Honda Passport C70
others coming in and out all the time!

• wireman
  • User
  • The most interesting prick in the world
More
04 Nov 2012 14:02 #557018 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic Choke Spring placement?
Ive done much wose things,just ask my wife shes got a book! :sick: :woohoo:

posting from deep under a non-descript barn in an undisclosed location southwest of Omaha.