Air / Fuel Monitoring - AEM Wideband Gauge

• Jeff.Saunders
  • Topic Author
  • Vendor
More
01 Nov 2012 08:16 #556654 by Jeff.Saunders
Air / Fuel Monitoring - AEM Wideband Gauge was created by Jeff.Saunders

Anyone have experience with these?

I have a K&N Air/Fuel sensor with readout on my turbo bike today, but I would like to upgrade to a system with data logging. THis has a few more features as well.

AEM Wideband Failsafe Gauge

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.z1enterprises.com

Z1 Ent on Facebook,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Nov 2012 15:27 - 01 Nov 2012 15:32 #556688 by loudhvx
Replied by loudhvx on topic Air / Fuel Monitoring - AEM Wideband Gauge
I use the Innovate LC-1 sensor/controller with an analog-servo display. So far, it has worked flawlessly. I've had it for a few years, and at the time, it was getting very high marks for accuracy, and always top ratings in tests. It often did better than higher-priced systems.

www.innovatemotorsports.com

The LM-2 is the flagship data-logger/AFR controller.

The LC-1 is much cheaper, and does not log, but can generate a signal to feed to a logger, or gauge etc.

I only use it to tune carbs, but the controller does have output signals (with many optional signal configurations) to feed o2 data to an injection system.

Innovate has a bunch of different options for data logging as well. The LC-1 is just a small controller, but they have many larger controllers and optional add-ons to give a comprehensive data-logging system.

I haven't tried any of that since I just do seat-of-the-pants o2 monitoring until the carbs are setup, then I remove the system.

I'm not familiar with the AEM brand, but any system with an output should be able to do data-logging on a generic data-logger.

Attachments:
Last edit: 01 Nov 2012 15:32 by loudhvx.

More
01 Nov 2012 15:40 #556690 by loudhvx
Replied by loudhvx on topic Air / Fuel Monitoring - AEM Wideband Gauge
There are few links to other threads in this thread;

kzrider.com/forum/4-electrical/483702-do...l-ratio-gauge#483747

• Jeff.Saunders
  • Topic Author
  • Vendor
More
01 Nov 2012 16:20 #556694 by Jeff.Saunders
Replied by Jeff.Saunders on topic Air / Fuel Monitoring - AEM Wideband Gauge
Hi Lou, thanks for the input. What makes the AEM version appealing is the combo feature - air/fuel AND boost in one gauge - less clutter on the bike - with combined logging for both. I certainly plan on upgrading the K&N readout on my bike - a wideband will be better - and coupled with data logging it should help fine tune the turbo setup. Just having the current readout has helped a lot. I found a couple of lean spots that have been corrected.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.z1enterprises.com

Z1 Ent on Facebook,

• Street Fighter LTD
  • Away
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
More
01 Nov 2012 16:26 #556695 by Street Fighter LTD
Replied by Street Fighter LTD on topic Air / Fuel Monitoring - AEM Wideband Gauge
Very cool project Jeff. B)
Im going to be watching this closely. Looks like a great add for my turbo setup.. f May be in my future for x mas

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn

More
03 Nov 2012 00:54 - 03 Nov 2012 00:57 #556884 by steell
Replied by steell on topic Air / Fuel Monitoring - AEM Wideband Gauge
AEM is a quality big name manufacturer, with prices to match. I'm with Lou, I have the LC-1 and the LM-2 (ain't eBay wonderful).

Hard to believe you tuned a turbo bike with a narrowband :woohoo:

A lot of the big hp Zx 12 and 14 guys use the WEGO 3 from Daytona Sensors.

KD9JUR
Last edit: 03 Nov 2012 00:57 by steell.

• Jeff.Saunders
  • Topic Author
  • Vendor
More
03 Nov 2012 15:05 #556942 by Jeff.Saunders
Replied by Jeff.Saunders on topic Air / Fuel Monitoring - AEM Wideband Gauge

steell wrote: Hard to believe you tuned a turbo bike with a narrowband :woohoo:

That old K&N unit had been sitting around for 4-5 years, so I put it to use... not ideal, but better than 'seat of the pants' tuning - esp. on a turbo. It has helped a lot. I need a new boost gauge, and I want data logging (so I don't have to take my eyes off the road to see the reading), so the AEM unit may be a consideration.

www.z1enterprises.com

Z1 Ent on Facebook,