Rubber Gasket

More
26 Oct 2012 13:01 - 26 Oct 2012 23:52 #555868 by poolboy
Rubber Gasket was created by poolboy
Having trouble with float bowl gasket. The old gasket somehow got larger "stretched, and I ordered a new one and its seems to be a little small, "shrunk that is". If I could glue the smaller one, it would stay in position long enough to install back on the carburetor. I read that someone had tried "Chapstick" and it worked, but would rather know what you guys use.

1980 KZ750H ,WG's carb rebuild, V&H 4-1 Exh ,WG wiremod, Dyna 3.0 ohm coils, Dyna-S EI DS2-2,New Bridgestones, O-ring Chain,
Last edit: 26 Oct 2012 23:52 by poolboy. Reason: clarified sentence

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Motor Head
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
More
27 Oct 2012 10:17 #555996 by Motor Head
Replied by Motor Head on topic Rubber Gasket
It sounds like the Gasket is an O-ring? Correct?
And the crap Deathanol fuel they force on us has reacted with the rubber in the o-ring. The new one might be dried up, or a low quality replacement. I'd order a good quality replacement and try again.

1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...
The following user(s) said Thank You: poolboy

More
27 Oct 2012 20:39 #556040 by baldy110
Replied by baldy110 on topic Rubber Gasket
I have goo dluck just using the swollen o-ring. I apply a little grease to get it to stick and stay put. I then work it around into the groove until it sit right.

More
27 Oct 2012 21:28 #556049 by jbeebe1
Replied by jbeebe1 on topic Rubber Gasket
x2 on just dabbing some grease in the groove around the perimeter and then the o-ring sticks long enough to put the bowl back on. Make sure to wipe off the grease that gets in the bowl though, you don't want that in the fuel.

79 Honda 400 Hondamatic
79 Honda CB650
81 Honda CX500
81 Honda Passport C70
others coming in and out all the time!

More
28 Oct 2012 10:00 #556095 by dshelly
Replied by dshelly on topic Rubber Gasket
I know here if you run premium fuel is doesn't contain ethonol. They also make additives you can use to combat the effects of ethonol.

'77 Kz1000B1
'78 Kz1000A2
'76 Kz900LTD

• wireman
  • User
  • The most interesting prick in the world
More
28 Oct 2012 12:00 #556107 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic Rubber Gasket

poolboy wrote: Having trouble with float bowl gasket. The old gasket somehow got larger "stretched, and I ordered a new one and its seems to be a little small, "shrunk that is". If I could glue the smaller one, it would stay in position long enough to install back on the carburetor. I read that someone had tried "Chapstick" and it worked, but would rather know what you guys use.

That only works on paper gaskets B)

posting from deep under a non-descript barn in an undisclosed location southwest of Omaha.