Carburetor jetting

More
19 Jun 2006 15:00 #55542 by jumbulias
Carburetor jetting was created by jumbulias
Hello I recently bought a 1978 Kz650sr. The only modifications I have done are: Vance and Hines 4 into 1 header, Dyna coils, Dyna S ignition, K&N Filters And Dynojet Kit. Does anyone out there have a similar set-up? The only trouble I am having is how to calibrate the carbs with the Dynojet kit. The carbs on the bike are the ones that have the accellerator pump on them. I believe they are Vm24 carbs. I installed the 118 main jets and set the needles on 2nd groove. I took the bike out for a test drive, and needless to say I about threw my wife off the back of the seat. It has alot of power, but I believe there is more to come. The kit comes with 118 and 122 main jets, I need to know which jets to use, and where to set the needles. Any help appreciated. Thanks Jumbulias

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jun 2006 17:49 #55570 by baldy110
Replied by baldy110 on topic Carburetor jetting
I have a 78 KZ650C. I had it set up just likes yours, 4 into 1 pipe, Pod filters, Dyna S ignition. After a lot of tuning I came to the following setup and it ran perfect until I installed a 720 cc Wiseco kit. That's another story. My settings were.
Needle in the middle clip
Main jets 118
pilot jets 15
Air mixture screw 1 1/2 turns out.
I noticed the 122 jets were way to big.
I ran the bike with that setup for over 10 years. Ran great. Good luck and if you have any questions PM me.

Post edited by: baldy110, at: 2006/06/19 20:50

More
04 Jul 2006 10:36 #59258 by jumbulias
Replied by jumbulias on topic Carburetor jetting
Hello Thanks for information.I did what you said and also synchronized carbs with Morgan carbtune II. Carbtune is well worth the investment. I just took the bike out for test drive. It will flat out move!!!!

Post edited by: jumbulias, at: 2006/07/04 13:41

More
17 Mar 2016 19:06 #715929 by markq
Replied by markq on topic Carburetor jetting
did the vance pipe line up at the foot peg at the rear or did you have to add bracket or change anything. in process of buying pipe for same ride