Carbuuretor fuel leak

More
10 Oct 2012 00:04 #553392 by 300
Carbuuretor fuel leak was created by 300
Hi everyone! earlier today i remove my air filters for cleaning them and i realized that a litle bit of fuel was coming out from one litle hole on each carb, it is very litle but if i touch it i can get a drop ( rain drop size) on my finger. Any one knows a solution or why is thishappening?
Any information willbe apreciated tnxs!!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Oct 2012 03:42 - 10 Oct 2012 03:43 #553418 by PFD
Replied by PFD on topic Carbuuretor fuel leak
Have you checked your float levels? Either your floats are sticking or quite possibly your float needles and seats are leaking. I dealt with pretty much the same thing with the #3 carb on my Cb750, the float needle wasn't seating properly causing the gas to pour out the same passage as your weeping is. Took me awhile to nail down the issue, got it licked finally.

78 Kz1000A2, 77 Cb750K daily rider, pinstriper and signpainter
Last edit: 10 Oct 2012 03:43 by PFD.

• Motor Head
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
More
10 Oct 2012 10:17 #553434 by Motor Head
Replied by Motor Head on topic Carbuuretor fuel leak
Those carbs are filthy! What Air Filtration are you using? It looks as though it has failed, as there should be no brown build up like that.
PFD is right on, fuel level issue. I'd be pulling those carbs, and going through them, through cleaning and I suggest new kits. New kits will have new Float Valve needle and seats, which control the fuel inlet to the bowls. The float controls the height and needs to be set correctly.
New Air Filter/s new fuel line, clean the tank and petcock, and install a good Gravity type of in line fuel filter.

1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...

More
10 Oct 2012 11:34 #553446 by OldSchoolZ
Replied by OldSchoolZ on topic Carbuuretor fuel leak
Also with your fuel turned off, remove fuel line at fuel petcock and make sure the petcock isnt letting fuel get by while its off. If the petcock is leaking and you have metal float valves, its putting constant pressure on the float valves. Often it can run fine but seep because of the constant pressure when not running.I prefer rubber float valves usually and a good sealing petcock.

Remember, don't work on your bike so much you never ride it.