Anyone use twinmax for carb sync on a KZ?

More
26 Sep 2012 23:05 #551081 by Bunty27
Replied by Bunty27 on topic Anyone use twinmax for carb sync on a KZ?
I just found a motion pro mercury based carb sync tool for half the price of a regular one on my local craigslist and just got it this evening. So I guess I'm good for now.

But do keep the discussion going on a good 4 cylinder home-made solution with no liquids.

1982 KZ550 LTD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Sep 2012 23:10 #551083 by Bunty27
And Del_Herring, the cm Hg unit reference here comes from the Kawasaki KZ550 manual (available on a link in Lou's signature), Page 22. It says in the fine synchronization or carbs section:

"Normal vacuum gauge reading is 19~24 cm Hg and the difference between any two cylinder should be less than 2 cm Hg."

1982 KZ550 LTD

More
26 Sep 2012 23:15 #551084 by Tomolu5
Replied by Tomolu5 on topic Anyone use twinmax for carb sync on a KZ?
Read some of the reviews on that thing, I have one too, just seems as though some precautions should be taken. Seems a proper seal when not in use is in order.
Also, I was grilling the guy(jeff I think) at the z1enterprises site at mid ohio, he said that it works...but you have to be patient/follow directions to a tee. Apparently bubbles are a problem.

Don't worry, it may take me a few months to gather the parts, but now there's a hair up my ass, and its an easy build, this will be tried:p

Mine:
04 Honda rebel 250(wifes)
04 GSXR 750(bolt on galore)
98 CBR 600F3(filter, pipe, adjustable cam sprokets, dyno tune)
76 KZ900A (LTD gauge pods, crash bars, LTD(style)pipes, dyna coils and ignition,headwork and mild port cleanup by cavanaugh racing, K&N filter pods, heck I dunno.

More
27 Sep 2012 00:34 #551106 by loudhvx
Replied by loudhvx on topic Anyone use twinmax for carb sync on a KZ?
The bubbles are not a problem as long as the mercury level is high enough in the reservoir. In that case, a simple syringe can pull the bubbles out easily.

More
27 Sep 2012 12:23 #551156 by Bunty27
I'm hoping to give it a try this weekend and I'll let you know how well this tool works. I'm keeping my finger's crossed.

1982 KZ550 LTD

More
27 Sep 2012 12:29 #551158 by loudhvx
Replied by loudhvx on topic Anyone use twinmax for carb sync on a KZ?
Here are some notes about that type of manometer that may com in handy.

Manometer notes
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bunty27