Choke and fuel

More
07 Aug 2012 12:50 #541183 by Salder69
Choke and fuel was created by Salder69
Okay, so I sorta feel like a jackass as this will be my 3 post on here in the past week in different forum areas, but I need help.

The other day, I just got my project bike to start. It has been a doozy getting it just to that point, but they other day, besides some smoke coming from the right exhaust flange/mount, it ran great, really good.

Today, after I used some degreaser to get the large amount of gunk off the motor (there is still a lot on the front) and giving the frame/wheels/tires/everything else a basic wipe off/clean, I fired her up, and she sounded awful compared to yesterday.

Sounds like she isn't getting gas, but here is where I'm caught...The choke is gone...

Now I know where the choke is on the carburetor but I don't know what positions are which, i forgot after I put it on...

There are three positions. In all the way, the middle, and out.

After I get it started and warmed up, where should the choke be?

I'm almost positive it needs to be in the all the way out position but I would like more info.

THanks

imgur.com/a/2KyJL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Aug 2012 14:25 #541192 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic Choke and fuel
Is this on Harley or a Triumph? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

In other words, how's about adding your bike's year and model to your signature. Ed

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

More
07 Aug 2012 15:02 #541196 by Salder69
Replied by Salder69 on topic Choke and fuel

650ed wrote: Is this on Harley or a Triumph? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

In other words, how's about adding your bike's year and model to your signature. Ed

1983 kawasaki kz750 k1 LTD belt

I don't get the joke also, whats so funny?

It stopped getting spark, I'm guessing because I wore the battery down again so it is at the auto parts store getting charged.

but when I started it (for the first time since I got it) i was amazed how it ran, sounded great, felt great, etc.

The only thing I can think of is I put too much oil in it or the piston rings are worn and oil is getting into the cylinders, causing the smoking (i posted a thread on this in engine) and now the non running...

Im real confused though, like I said, ran great yesterday, and today when I started it, it started, but I couldn't let it sit, it is like it is being starved for gas...

oh well, i knew I was getting into a mess, thats why I bought it after all, I probably enjoy working on bikes as much as I do riding them, but I really need to move forward on this project. I would like to have it (the whole project) done by my birthday which is september 9th...

any info on the choke would be nice.