would like tips on air filters please.

More
04 Aug 2012 02:22 #540628 by Dodson
Replied by Dodson on topic would like tips on air filters please.
Thank you very much, to you and Mike for actually knowing what I'm talking about. I greatly appreciate it. my timing seems to be.pretty spot on. and a new filter I would have to special order and I love cruising the mountains way to much. I don't want to burn up my rings running too lean and have bike. the stock filter wasn't a good option its cool at one Mike high but once your pushing two its waay different . thank you again.

TigerKiller

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• kawasaki mike
  • User
  • kawasaki mike
More
04 Aug 2012 12:52 #540673 by kawasaki mike
Replied by kawasaki mike on topic would like tips on air filters please.
Your welcome. Just remember the higher you go, the thinner the air gets, causing the motor to run richer and richer. I go up in elevation once in awhile so I take 2 sets of mains with me. I am what one calls anal about my bike. If your running cv carbs( the ones with the big round caps that cover the diaphram) they are much more forgiving at altitude as the needles are activated by engine demand, not a cable on the throttle grip. Smooth cruising.

Am addicted to Z1's and kz 900's have an el camino, fly rc helicoptors and am strung out on horsepower.

• kawasaki mike
  • User
  • kawasaki mike
More
04 Aug 2012 12:59 #540675 by kawasaki mike
Replied by kawasaki mike on topic would like tips on air filters please.
Sorry to but in on your comunication with Dodson but you are talented in respect to finding all the diagrahms a man needs to figure his or her bike problems. Wish I had that knack. Good job Patton. (Kawasaki Mike)

Am addicted to Z1's and kz 900's have an el camino, fly rc helicoptors and am strung out on horsepower.