Moving to pods..

More
27 Jul 2012 02:21 #538930 by Eddyv54
Moving to pods.. was created by Eddyv54
Suggested part numbers as well as jets?
Info- kz650 1978, b2a, I believe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• wireman
  • User
  • The most interesting prick in the world
More
27 Jul 2012 02:29 #538932 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic Moving to pods..
id start with a set of 26s off a 900/1000 as a really cheap wake up over those little 24s B)

posting from deep under a non-descript barn in an undisclosed location southwest of Omaha.

More
27 Jul 2012 10:01 #538970 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic Moving to pods..
If it's really a B2A they are even smaller than the normal KZ650 carbs; they are 22mm carbs. I don't know how many folks have put pods on them; you may be breaking new ground (have fun). Ed

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

More
01 Aug 2012 19:19 #540068 by Eddyv54
Replied by Eddyv54 on topic Moving to pods..
They aren't the 22mm..

Put the puts on.. and the bike runs better.. kind of. It's definitely not quite there. When ridding, at about 6k RPM, the bike stalls. I'm assuming it's due to the jets (only switched out 1 set of jets). Also, It was a bad idea to use duct tape to bridge the gap with the boots to the air box.. The gas spill back pretty much melted the duct tape..
I ordered the 117.5 jets, but the ones I received were not for this carb (they were just the jet tips), so I'll need to order different ones.

More
01 Aug 2012 23:04 #540113 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic Moving to pods..

Eddyv54 wrote: ...was a bad idea to use duct tape to bridge the gap with the boots to the air box.. The gas spill back pretty much melted the duct tape....

Gasoline may have also made its way into the crankcase and contaminated the oil.

Would examine and sniff-test the oil. If there's a gasoline odor, would not run the engine until changing both oil and filter, and correcting the cause, which is often a leaking float valve, accompanied by a clogged overflow circuit (if there is an overflow circuit).

Good Fortune! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD