Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Intake manifolds 30 Oct 2005 10:28 #5362

• 80G
  • 80G's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
My 1980 KZ1000G has been converted from fuel injection to carbs. The manifolds are old and cracking, so I am going to replace while going through the carbs.I have 26 mm carbs. Z1 enterprises has parts that they say will work.

z1enterprises.com/detail.aspx?ID=97

"These can be made to fit the KZ1000G (Z1 Classic) if you are converting the fuel injection to carbs - however, you will need to enongate the holes slightly as the bolt spacing on the G model head is slightly different (55m versus 58mm). The intake port is the same."

My question is, do the manifolds go with certain size carbs, or do all the diffrent size carbs have the same outside diameter?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Intake manifolds 30 Oct 2005 12:23 #5390

• z19OO
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
26mm,28mm & 29mm carbs can use the same intakes, anything bigger you need J model manifolds.
1975 z1 900
1979 kz650b

Intake manifolds 30 Oct 2005 12:27 #5394

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
The OD of a VM26 and VM28 is about the same. The VM26 is actually larger OD due to material thickness of the venturi. The OD of a VM24 is substantially smaller. The Z1Enterprises.com intake manifolds you buy are correct and the mount holes will need to be hogged out a bit as the offset on an FI head is slightly greater than a carb cylinder head.

Bottom line is that you can use either VM26 or VM28 intake manifolds but would probably have a hard time using VM24 manifolds and stuffing the larger carbs in them. It is possible to use a VM26/VM28 to mount a VM24 carburetor if you use non-stock clamps that draw up slightly farther than the stockers.
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

• Page: