Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

float chamber 30 Oct 2005 09:39 #5355

• JOHNBOY
  • JOHNBOY's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi everyone, im new on this forum and need some help from you guys if possible? i have a suzuki GT380L and am currently rebuilding it. I need to know what the correct level of fuel should be in the float chamber? and should the injector piece actually be submersed in the fuel or just above the level? i have spark but it wont run? please help!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

float chamber 30 Oct 2005 12:30 #5397

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
I am not familiar with the model you are asking about. Are these carbureted bikes? If so, what type carburetors? If they are carburetors, not sure what your "injector piece" means.
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

float chamber 30 Oct 2005 13:39 #5410

• ibsen22000
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
GT380L. Isn't that the first model with a disk front brake, or was it the 1973K? My pesonal favourite is the 72 J model with a drum front brake btw.:)
As far as I know, your bike has got 3 Mikuni VM carbs, and you don't measure the fuel level on those carbs, but the float hight. I don't know for shure what the float hight should be though. But I believe Mikuni recommends 22-24mm for the VM30,32 and 34, and 17-19mm for the VM36,38 and 40. You will need a workshop manual to find that out for sure though. Or, you can try one of the Suzuki two stroke message boards:

www.sundialmotosport.com/phpBB/index.php

www.kawasakitriplesworldwide.com/phpBB2/index.php

The last one also includes Suzuki triples.:)

Post edited by: ibsen22000, at: 2005/10/30 23:45

• Page: