Overflow pipe crack

More
29 Mar 2012 13:46 #512775 by nobody
Replied by nobody on topic Overflow pipe crack
what he said get in habit of turning gas on and off it is a good habit.sorry about the soder thing but not an expensive fix you got it fixed now ?how dose it run ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• BlackZ1R
  • User
  • Kawasaki in my blood
More
29 Mar 2012 13:55 - 29 Mar 2012 13:59 #512778 by BlackZ1R
Replied by BlackZ1R on topic Overflow pipe crack

Patton wrote: Or JBWeld.

Or heat shrink tubing.

Good Fortune! :)

How long will JB weld stand up to full gasoline exposure?
I have a carb repaired with JB. Just wondering.

I like the fuel line trick, sounds like it would work.

Kawasaki

Someone once told me to marry that motorcycle I was riding ......there's times I wish I hadda listened .
Last edit: 29 Mar 2012 13:59 by BlackZ1R.

More
29 Mar 2012 14:13 #512783 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic Overflow pipe crack
JBWeld and Gasoline

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
The following user(s) said Thank You: BlackZ1R

More
29 Mar 2012 18:39 #512855 by Garn
Replied by Garn on topic Overflow pipe crack
How come 29mm Smoothbores don't have overflow tubes?
RegardZ.

1 x 73 Z1 (Jaffa), 74 Z1A, 76 Z900-A4
1 x 73 Yamaha TX500 & 98 fzx250 Zeal
Sydney Australia

More
30 Mar 2012 02:02 #512943 by Brett0424
Replied by Brett0424 on topic Overflow pipe crack

nobody wrote: what he said get in habit of turning gas on and off it is a good habit.sorry about the soder thing but not an expensive fix you got it fixed now ?how dose it run ?

So I said I won't ask more questions but I don't know where else to turn! I dont' believe this bike has an off position. It has on, reserve and prime. I got the new bowls on (thanks to Steeles Cycle in Denver that place rules) but it's still not running right. It starts fine and runs and idles with the choke ON (meaning closed). When I try to turn the choke off (open it) the bike revs up like crazy to the point where I just shut it off because it doesn't go back down. What could cause this? Here's my scenario:

-valves and points adjusted
-float level is in check
-pilot screws backed out 2 full turns
-carb sync is visually corrected
-new plugs and caps
-I visually checked the static timing, I don't really understand timing yet, Is this something you do in conjunction with dynamic timing or are there different tests for bikes with points vs electronic ignition?
-throttle cable is adjusted

I want to dial in my pilot screws and my carb sync but can't really do that without it idling while warmed up. Any thoughts?

80/81 KZ440 frankenstein

• munkybrain2010
  • User
  • Clueless..
More
02 Apr 2012 17:03 #513614 by munkybrain2010
Replied by munkybrain2010 on topic Overflow pipe crack
Id try to adjust your idle screw and make sure you dont have any vacuum leaks. How does it idle with the choke on? Do you have pods or straight pipes? If so then it could run and im pretty sure it would rev up.

Keep it together man!

79 KZ650 "Geto Cycle"

• BlackZ1R
  • User
  • Kawasaki in my blood
More
04 Apr 2012 01:50 #513934 by BlackZ1R

Patton wrote: JBWeld and Gasoline

Yup, that is exactly what I did to my RS36 that was busted. The JB was already on it and had lasted several years for the PO. I took a carbide scribe and poked around on the repair and the JB flaked right off. Nice and clean mind you.

I was glad because the last repair had the float pin at an angle. The break in the pin stand was clean and crisp so the broken piece fit back in it perfect. I whipped up some JB and stuck it back together with the float pin in place. Looks great.

I talked to a friend that races all year long and he told me to put super glue over the JB to seal it off. I tried it and it didn't do well at all. I'm in the process of getting that off of the JB now.
I'm just gonna leave the JB like it is until I have to do the repair again, which I doubt I will need to.

Thanks for the thread Patton.

Kawasaki

Someone once told me to marry that motorcycle I was riding ......there's times I wish I hadda listened .

• BlackZ1R
  • User
  • Kawasaki in my blood
More
04 Apr 2012 01:53 - 04 Apr 2012 01:54 #513935 by BlackZ1R

Garn wrote: How come 29mm Smoothbores don't have overflow tubes?
RegardZ.

man, that's because they never overflow... :silly:

not true

Kawasaki

Last edit: 04 Apr 2012 01:54 by BlackZ1R.

• donthaveakawman
  • Visitor
14 Nov 2012 00:33 #558269 by donthaveakawman
Replied by donthaveakawman on topic Overflow pipe crack
I found some fuel lines at lowe's in the weed-eater/chainsaw/leaf blower section and used the 3/32" inside diameter 3/16" outside diameter fuel line (it was a variety pack so it also had 1/16"id 1/8" od i' long)
It fit very snug over my keihin cvc fuel overflow tubes. It is best not to plug them, as they are for ventilation. also don't run the tubes to your airbox as it will run too rich, dipstick. ;)