• Page:

TOPIC:

carb question 26 May 2006 16:13 #50338

• Vannod
  • Vannod's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello all.
I seem to run into a litle stump. I bought 2 carb rebuild kits, and went right to work. Knowing a little carbs already, once apart. I located and cleaned all the jets tubes and what-nots on the inside. Only problem is. The parts I have left to replace seems to be air fuel mixture spring, o-right, and needle. Problem is, I cant seem to get that darn tiny disk/plug out of the carb to replace it and everything underneigth. Now, I can probibly put in a small hole and pop it out with a screw, but I guessing there is probibly a better way to do this. Any help is greatly appriciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

carb question 27 May 2006 06:55 #50421

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
Drill a hole. Take care not to drill too deep or you will hit the screw and pop it out with a nail or screw. It is easier to shoot it out with a .45 cal but that will sometimes damage the carburetor, depending on your accuracy.
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

carb question 27 May 2006 07:02 #50423

• heartless
  • User
i used a small drill bit (1/8th or there abouts) and a hand driver to carefully drill hole into the disk, soft aluminium, easy to drill - then popped the disk out using an awl.

have not used the replacement disks at this time...

WG - the 45 works, but thinkin a smaller caliber might be a better idea - no point in "overkill" ;) :ohmy:

Post edited by: heartless, at: 2006/05/27 10:04

carb question 27 May 2006 12:33 #50471

• Vannod
  • Vannod's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
Thanks for the help. Was thinking that was the better way, but I guess the drill will work too:evil:

• Page: