Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Fine Tuning Part 2 26 May 2006 10:13 #50262

• KZReeder
  • KZReeder's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
I've got a KZ1000st(e) w/ Mac header and pipe w/ no baffle... UNI foam pods... I've also got new green Dyna coils and Dyna wiring with the ignition-battery-relay mod per WG.

I went one size up on the Pilot Jets and one size up on the Main Jets... I've got new intake boots and clamps... Air screws are 1 1/2 turns out and the carbs are mechanically sincronized per the factory manual.

The bike starts and runs really well... the inside of the tail pipe is a medium gray.

Here's my question:
When it's cold to medium warm it still pops on occasion back through the carbs... once I've ridden it for about 5-10 minutes it seems to go away... should I go up one washer on the needle? Any ideas or suggestions would be great.

Thanks!
Claude

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Fine Tuning Part 2 26 May 2006 17:58 #50353

• KZReeder
  • User
Well!
Upon further research, I believe that I am going to go one more up on the main and give it a shot... If that has adverse effects, I'll drop those back down and bump the needles up by one washer and see what that does. If I can get those two things sorted out, I'll check the float levels and adjust if needed then vacuum sync the carbs.

Wish me luck!

Full report tomorrow night. :laugh:

- Claude

Fine Tuning Part 2 27 May 2006 18:10 #50507

• KZReeder
  • User
I put one step bigger Main Jets (115) in this afternoon... seemed like it ran a little stronger and smoother.

Still pops on occasion at low RPM's...
I didn't have time to take the rail out and futz with the needles so I'll get to that in the next day or so... I'll post my results here.

Cheers! :)

• Page: