Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

no power low rpm 06 May 2006 16:34 #45552

• supablake
  • supablake's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I have A 78 kz650d1 Kerker 4-1, Pods, Main Jet 115, Pilot 15, Needles one up, Clean & rebuilt. Fuel screws 1.5 turn. New carb boots too.
Runs great except...
If I try to accelerate hard in 1st gear, it bogs down. If I roll the throttle slowly and let it get up to 2500-3k I can gun it. The only way I can accelerate fast off the line is to rev it and let the clutch out slowly untill it hits about 3k and then it roars. Also I have a bit of backfiring thru the carbs. If roling at idle and I open the throttle it bogs down and almost dies. I'm going nuts! I had some smartass on a new 150cc scooter pretty proud of himself for beating me off the line. HELP!
Blake

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

no power low rpm 07 May 2006 00:59 #45629

• supablake
  • User
One more note- It sounds like a friggin popcorn popper when I try to accelerate in a high gear from 1500-3000rpm ! I lowered the needle clip today to the 4th clip - one up and got more mid & top power but now I got popcorn!

no power low rpm 07 May 2006 07:53 #45651

• fixer5000
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
first...these things dont like to lug...keep your rpm's up higher or downshift. maybe your timing advancer is stuck? i think id check that first. for me normal cruising rpms are around 4 to 6 grand..any lower downshift...try this first...steve
1978 kz650b pretty much stock
\\\\\\\" get there fast but arrive alive \\\\\\\"
massachusetts

no power low rpm 10 May 2006 13:06 #46435

• JonQPublic
  • User
how new are the carb boots? I ask because I had the exact same symptoms right after I put my carbs back on. I didn't have a good airtight seal around my carb boots and it was sucking in air. It was a real pain in the neck to wrestle with until it no longer took in air.

no power low rpm 12 May 2006 21:28 #46928

• supablake
  • User
Brand new boots. I think I just need to take it apart and put it back together again. I'm also having the Pilot's drilled up to 20's from 15's. I'm also going to do a compression test as well. Just waiting for the weather to clear so I can pull of the cover and get started.

Blake

• Page: