• Page:

TOPIC:

Making own Carb bowl gaskets? 30 Apr 2006 22:42 #44085

• ran429
  • ran429's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Master of FREE rides!
  • Thank you received: 2
Well, now that my new paint job on my engine is ruined.

What would you use for making your own carb bowl gaskets?
Mine seem to be a bit leaky, Now I get to strip my motor under the Carbs and repaint again (insert foul words here)
I do have another set of carb bowls with the O-ring type gaskets in them I may just swap them over this week some time. It should stop the erratic idle as well with sealing up a vacuum leak you think?

They are leaking on the forward seam of the carb bowls.
And I need to adjust the float highth as well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Making own Carb bowl gaskets? 01 May 2006 08:03 #44146

• Sandy
  • User
  • Fly High,Tony
  • Thank you received: 13
Randy...just make sure that it's not the "T-Fittings" that connect a set of carbs,Bud...if You remember I was pulling My HAIR out,a few years back,thinking My bowl gaskets were the cause...but it turned out to be the fittings that were letting fuel seep out,and travel over to the top ridge of the bowl,leading Me to think it WAS the bowl gaskets??...Teflon tape fixed em right up!B)
1977 KZ1000 A-1

Making own Carb bowl gaskets? 01 May 2006 18:35 #44286

• JR
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 429
Let us know Randy if making your own float bowl gaskets works. I had leaking O ring type bowl gaskets a few years back and thought I would try a homemade approach. Unfortunately.....or maybe fortunately the only gas resistant gasket material I could find locally was far to thick so I ended up buying a set of proper gaskets.

Sorry to hear about the paint job, That looked like a really nice job you did there.
1980 kz750E1, Delkevic exhaust

• Page: