Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

pods on a kz750 24 Apr 2006 17:31 #42304

• hiebs
  • hiebs's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi, I am new to this forum and a bike I picked up. It is a 1977 kz750 twin. I got the bike not running but managed to get it to barely run. I have a couple of questions, This bike came with pods and I wish it had the stock air box but since it does not I contacted zi enterprises and ordered carb kits for this bike. According to Jeff the factory main jet are 125, And he can not get me the other sizes, He gave me the part numbers to try and get them from a dealer. So I pulled a jet out and I believe it is a 120, Smaller then stock. Any idea where else to try and get these larger jets? And my other question is the carbs have the over flow pipe and the fuel in but there is also another inlet or outlet is this a vacuum? And if so should I plug them? Sorry for the long post.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

pods on a kz750 24 Apr 2006 18:03 #42310

• steell
  • User
  • Thank you received: 207
Yes, the stock jet size is 125 for your bike.
The only oversize jets I am aware of are the DynoJet kits (130 or 135 I forget), and I don't think that they are being sold any longer, although you may find some NOS somewhere.
There are no vacuum lines attached to the carbs on the 77 750 carbs, so I'm not sure what port you are talking about.
If I remember, I'll take a look at the carb bodies I have in the garage tomorrow, I'm a little to tuckered to do it right now :)
KD9JUR

pods on a kz750 24 Apr 2006 20:50 #42395

• hiebs
  • User
Thanks for the quick reply. I can get the jet's from www.rageperformance.com/carburetorparts.asp
but I do not know if I have the small hex or large hex. My measuring skills are some what lacking. :blush: With metric any way. So if some body would be willing to go to the site and let me know which I have That would be cool. My carbs are mikuni. I wonder if the guy who had the bike before me had re jetted, But was confused and went smaller instead of larger. Thank you

pods on a kz750 24 Apr 2006 22:17 #42409

• steell
  • User
  • Thank you received: 207
The correct answer is "None of the above".
Have you pulled the jets out and looked at them? You actually had me confused enough that I went out to the garage (in spite of the fact that I'm really tired) and looked at the main jet in a 76-78 KZ750 twin carb :D
It's round with a screwdriver slot in the head, and maybe 2-3 mm diameter. It's a little tiny thing and easily lost (don't ask).

You do have the stock carbs on there right?

On the stock carbs there is a hex bolt on the bottom of the carb float bowl, the main jet is behind that bolt and it takes a fairly small screwdriver to remove it.

If you have a hex main jet, then I don't have a clue what carbs you have.
KD9JUR

pods on a kz750 25 Apr 2006 18:15 #42649

• hiebs
  • User
Man this is embarrassing. I thought the valve seat was the jet:blush: It would be a little big. Oh and I found out what the other outlets are on the carbs. One is for if the float is set to high, And the other one is if the bike is laid down. The pdf from this site rules. Thanks steel for going out of your way . I can get the other size jets at www.cycle-parts.com/shopbyparts.asp but I need to make a minimum 75.00 dollar purchase.

• Page: