Fuel leaking from bowl

More
20 Apr 2006 08:04 #41096 by pg4827
Fuel leaking from bowl was created by pg4827
fuel leaks out of the number one fuel bowl. I checked the fuel level three times and replaced the gasket twice. There is an indicator mark for fuel level in the bowl and the fuel is just below that. All the other Carbs do not leak. I have the vacumm type fuel cock and I also park on a hill.

1. how can I fix the leak?

2. Non of the other cabs leak while parked on a hill?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Apr 2006 08:19 #41097 by newbikekiller
Replied by newbikekiller on topic Fuel leaking from bowl
Well this is an easy one

It sounds like there may be some dirt in your fuel float valve. The fuel float valve is a needle looking thing that is actuated by the fuel floats. Guess where it is, in the float bowl. You've obviously been in there so you know what it looks like in there. Anyways, hopefully you know what I'm talking about.

You have to clean the crap out of the fuel float valve with spray carburetor cleaner and compressed air. Make sure its really, really clean! Also make sure to clean the cylindrical piece of metal that the fuel float valve goes into real good using the same process, carb spray cleaner and compressed air.

More
20 Apr 2006 09:44 #41120 by pg4827
Replied by pg4827 on topic Fuel leaking from bowl
With the vacumm type fuel cock I thought fuel does not flow out of the tank unless you have a vacumm (engine turning). So it should not matter if the neddle is open or closed?