Vacuum hose routing question

More
16 Oct 2010 11:12 #407028 by shimvalve
Vacuum hose routing question was created by shimvalve
Does anyone have an idea of how the vacuum hoses route on a 81 kz 550? The big tube with the metal canister on the end pops in the airbox and I'm assuming the two smaller ones coming off of it go to the outer two carb boot nipples? It really doesnt seem like it's long enough. There's two black hoses coming off of the carbs too and I'm guessing they go to the middle carb boots?

I'm cornfused:huh:

wish i had a picture

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Oct 2010 14:25 #407049 by loudhvx
Replied by loudhvx on topic Vacuum hose routing question
On the intake manifolds, each one has a brass pipe. Two face downward, and two face upward. The two facing upward get the two vacuum hoses to the suction valve switch above the motor. The two facing downward are capped off with thick, rubber caps.

The vacuum petcock has a vacuum line that goes to the #4 carb body near the engine side.

Each carb has a bowl vent. The ones for 1 and 2 are T-fitted together into one hose. The ones for 3 and 4 go to another T to another hose. Those two bowl vent hoses just go up above the airbox and dead-end there, open to the atmosphere.

Each carb also has a drain hose at the bottom of the bowl.

The air suction switch has a large hose that goes to the airbox, and two slightly smaller hoses which go to the valve cover.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.