Oxgyen

More
04 Oct 2010 22:28 #404115 by nads.com
Oxgyen was created by nads.com
Is there any way you could add oxygen into and through the carbs to aid combustion, possibly an enrichner circuit with it or whatever. Doesn't nitrous produce oxygen in the chamber? Maybe a small bottle on board. Could it work? Nitrous set up are SPENNNNNDEEE! So who's got what it takes to KNOW that it is ludicris to even THINK it could work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Oct 2010 23:33 #404119 by MFolks
Replied by MFolks on topic Oxgyen
I see potential problems with trying to introduce pressurized Oxygen to combustion chambers, like how hot would the cylinders get,without melting the pistons and valves? And warping the head/block.

Consider what happens when a cutting torch used to slice holes in steel is operated. The torch is ignited, and then the flame is adjusted by balancing the amount of Oxygen and Acetylene. A lever is used to add additional Oxygen to increase the cutting ability when squeezed.

This jet of Oxygen is what melts the holes or burns through the parts to be cut.

If the engine ran using your additional Oxygen, I see it quickly seizing up even if were water cooled due to the tremendous heat being generated.

Just my opinion.......

1982 GPZ1100 B2
General Dynamics/Convair 1983-1993
GLCM BGM-109 Tomahawk, AGM-129A Advanced Cruise Missile (ACM)

More
05 Oct 2010 07:07 #404157 by Kraz1
Replied by Kraz1 on topic Oxgyen
WORD...

Propylene Oxide

Propylene oxide was once used as a racing fuel, but that usage is now prohibited under the US NHRA rules for safety reasons. It is also used in thermobaric weapons, and microbial fumigation.

• z1kzonly
  • User
  • Sustaining Member
More
05 Oct 2010 08:00 #404168 by z1kzonly
Replied by z1kzonly on topic Oxgyen
Yea! It's called a blower, huffer, supercharger, GMC 471.
There you want O2? That will give you some. Ha! LOL!

Livin in "CheektaVegas, NY
Went thru 25 of these in 40 yrs.
I SOLD OUT! THE KAW BARN IS EMPTY.
More room for The Old Girl, Harley 75 FLH Electra Glide,
Old faithful! Points ign. Bendix Orig. carb.
Starts everytime!

Attachments: