Loud ass pop after heavy acceleration or revving

• larrycavan
  • Visitor
06 Oct 2010 05:26 #404423 by larrycavan
Replied by larrycavan on topic Loud ass pop after heavy acceleration or revving
riverroad wrote:

Man, I haven't spoken up in quite a while, but I'm just crackin up at you old farts that grew up in the seventies on these old bikes, tellin this young dude to get a hair cut. LOL! At least he pulls his pants up where they're supposed to be.

:laugh:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Oct 2010 06:05 #404433 by Old Man Rock
Replied by Old Man Rock on topic Loud ass pop after heavy acceleration or revving
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Yup....

You know it;s funny, never thought I'd hear my self say "Damn kids these days... Blah-blah-Blah) as old farts did when we were young.... But here we are... :S

Holly crap, we turned into our fathers... :huh: :blink:

I can see Plum now, shorts, white ass redneck legs, sandals and black socks... :blink:

1976 KZ900-A4
MTC 1075cc.
Camshafts: Kawi GPZ-1100 .375 lift
Head: P&P via Larry Cavanaugh
ZX636 suspension
MIKUNI, RS-34'S...
Kerker 4-1, 1.5" comp baffle.
Dyna-S E.I.
Earls 10 row Oil Cooler
Acewell 2802 Series Speedo/Tach
Innovate LC1 Wideband 02 AFR meter

Phoenix, Az

More
06 Oct 2010 06:26 #404437 by Patton

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
Attachments:

More
06 Oct 2010 21:58 #404758 by wargoth
Sounds like the baffle on the left side might be rotted a bit.
Popping at the exhaust is technically afterfire, and popping at the intake is backfire.
That said, sounds like air leaks in the manifold. Hot exhaust can suddenly burn off residual fuel in the muffler when fresh oxygen hits it, making the afterfire effect.
Popping in the intake can be lots of things, carboned up heads, throttle not shutting off completely, valve timing and clearance.
Remember start with the simple things, like new plugs and caps if you have any reason to suspect they arent working perfect. Rule out each system seperately too, ignition, valves, etc.. do all tune up items one at a time and then run it