plugs caps

More
20 Sep 2010 13:38 - 20 Sep 2010 13:44 #400375 by nads.com
plugs caps was created by nads.com
Had a bad idle and quitting, was a plug cap in the mega ohms and wandering. Man I've got even more power! Down shifted to third at 70 or 75 and accidently hit second. Tach said 9500 and I whacked it. My arms got pulled out of the sockets and the front end started rising! It buried the needle somewhere down there. Is there no end to the power? !!! I never new without a tach for so long, the motor was revving so high! It doesn't even start to go like crazy till after 8000. Seems like when you whack the throttle, let off, whack it, and play like that, when it gets the air flowing just right it screams! That may be the carbs bores not being smooth bores, but I really don't know. This bike is absolutely nuts! So smooth, so powerful. Perfect idle at 900 or 1000 and docile as a kitten. The cams may be mega cycle and are .407 lift and open an close at 30 and 70 with at lo8lc. My harbor freight dial tells me I'm in at around 111 intake. Compression was 180 stock cams and is now 155psi. I'm using needle jets from 26mm carbs and soldered onto those some brass bar stock. I drilled them somethig like 155. I butchered the head porting it and it isn't shaved, I'm using the thicker head gaskets. I can't wait to send the other head to Larry c, that one is ported much better. Soon. And pics coming soon too, I promise. This bike is very fast. Hope it can handle the rpms forever. Seems to run better and better all the time. I took some weight off the advancer long time ago and I've got the timing set back to darn near the numbers stamped on the advancer. It takes some very expensive equipment like a sliver of paper held between a needle nose pliers to measure this! I think my new batt is boiling dry, have not checked the voltage yet! Lots of spark probably playing a part here. I'll have to get those dyna coils and a new regulator. I got back from a ride 30 minutes ago and just now heard the sonic boom! I really can't afford to add better anything to this bike, they'll lock me up and shoot me cuz the power just can't be right! And go kerker go!! That is not a midrange pipe or anything like (better for top end) When your singing along at 10,000 rpm it's all bizness, and the sound! I gotta bounce in my step, had one all the to the municipal court to pay that 50 dollar fine. :P It seems that making power is all about getting air into the motor smoothly. Instinct tells me there's more to be had but I don't have the training knowledge or equipment. I have a good right wrist though even though I'm left handed, imagine that. Happiness is K A W A sockeee. If I had one word to describe my bike, it comes to mind easily... MONSTER!! and last but not least whoo hooo! Maybe it's time to put shoes in the back drum now. All I need now is 250,000 volts and some kind of ram air system. Now I go to work and watch all folks qawk at me riding wheelies on the bicycle, some laugh, some clap, some wanaa kill me. Life goes on no matter what they say or do. It's only me enjoying what life has given me and my respect for that goes on forever. If anyine needs help I'm there. plain and simple. Only thing I can do to pay back whats free in this world, what little I can do.
Last edit: 20 Sep 2010 13:44 by nads.com.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• kz1k
  • User
  • You Cant Fix Stupid!
More
20 Sep 2010 16:21 #400409 by kz1k
Replied by kz1k on topic plugs caps
i dont think its ganna run, you should give it to me...better yet...there is a guy on craigslist....hahahaha

just kidding, good for you...wheres the pics?

1978 KZ1000A2

"JUST IN! A MAN WHO HOLDS THE WORLD RECORD FOR USING THE MOST DRUGS DIES TODAY. HE WAS WAS ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS HE THOUGHT HE SAW"

WHY FART AND WASTE IT, WHEN YOU CAN BURP AND TASTE IT?

More
20 Sep 2010 21:00 - 20 Sep 2010 21:01 #400462 by nads.com
Replied by nads.com on topic plugs caps
maybe I can get some pics on here tomorrow my brother has a cord for his phone and knows how to download pics. I meant to say the cams in this bike may be kenny harmon cams not megacycle. And I accidently posted this in the wrong spot. I'm thinking alot of people on here think I'm full of it with the rpms this thing's cranking. I believe the tach's start lying pretty goood around 8000. They may have desighned the cams but I put them where they belong along with the ignition timing.
Last edit: 20 Sep 2010 21:01 by nads.com.

More
20 Sep 2010 21:08 #400464 by TerryK
Replied by TerryK on topic plugs caps
ummm....yeah.

:unsure:

1977 KZ1000
GSXR swingarm and rear brake
WM6 rear Akront rim
Wiseco 1075c pistons
33 smoothbores
stage 3 Web Cams
Head porting
Dyna S ignition
Lockhart oil cooler
Wiseco header

1980 Z1R drag bike
1200cc
38 Flatslides, .
500' cams
7" slick
Dyan 4000 SP ignition
etc

Ontario, Canada

More
21 Sep 2010 09:01 #400551 by 531blackbanshee
Replied by 531blackbanshee on topic plugs caps
my dad has twisted a few tach cables in two on his old z1.something about not running good until 11,500 or something :ohmy: .
glad the old bike is making it all worth it for you.

leon

skiatook,oklahoma 1980 z1r,1978 kz 1000 z1r x 3,
1976 kz 900 x 3
i make what i can,and save the rest!

billybiltit.blogspot.com/

www.kzrider.com/forum/5-chassis/325862-triple-tree-custom-work

kzrider.com/forum/5-chassis/294594-frame-bracing?limitstart=0