why why why?

• testarossa
  • User
  • Attack life, it's only trying to kill you.
More
15 Sep 2010 18:50 #399006 by testarossa
Replied by testarossa on topic why why why?
Here you go, just click the link: www.z1enterprises.com/detail.aspx?ID=266

Might as well bookmark that sight. You'll need Z1 sooner or later. They are the best in the biz. I called to order some bits on Monday, and wound up talking with Jeff (the owner) for a good 30 min. Just BSing about bikes and whatever, who else would do that for their customer? Anyway, I got my parts in the mail today all the way to Texas. Effing sweet in my book.

1978 KZ1000 A2 Click--->Build Thread
2004 ZX-10R
2007 Harley Sportster 1200
2020 Harley Street Glide Special
Angola, IN

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• kz1k
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • You Cant Fix Stupid!
More
15 Sep 2010 20:45 #399020 by kz1k
Replied by kz1k on topic why why why?
hey test. do i need 2 of these? or are the cables diff on the bikes? can you explain how the 2 cables work the carb. im a newbie, sorry.

1978 KZ1000A2

"JUST IN! A MAN WHO HOLDS THE WORLD RECORD FOR USING THE MOST DRUGS DIES TODAY. HE WAS WAS ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS HE THOUGHT HE SAW"

WHY FART AND WASTE IT, WHEN YOU CAN BURP AND TASTE IT?

More
15 Sep 2010 20:50 #399021 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic why why why?
one cable pushes the other one pulls,i run just the pull cable with no problems B)

Still recovering,some days are better than others.

• kz1k
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • You Cant Fix Stupid!
More
15 Sep 2010 20:57 #399024 by kz1k
really. thanks Plummen is that the longer or shorter 1? and is it the one in the link a few posts above made by test?

1978 KZ1000A2

"JUST IN! A MAN WHO HOLDS THE WORLD RECORD FOR USING THE MOST DRUGS DIES TODAY. HE WAS WAS ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS HE THOUGHT HE SAW"

• testarossa
  • User
More
16 Sep 2010 04:19 #399053 by testarossa
kz1k wrote:

really. thanks Plummen is that the longer or shorter 1? and is it the one in the link a few posts above made by test?

Sorry, I went to bed on you last night. I gotta get up at 4:30 am. Anyway, go back and read the fine print on the link I gave you. It tells you to order one number for push and another for pull and another two numbers if you want shorter cables. I know that it can be confusing, but one thing that always works is to call Z1 Enterprises directly. Everyone who answers the phone knows thier stuff, and will get you the right parts if you give them the correct application.

As Plummen stated, the forward cable pulls when you twist the grip back and the rear cable pushes to ensure that the throttle closes. The pusher is a redundant system since those carbs have a stout return spring, but I figure better safe than sorry here. Just my 0.02. I had a throttle return spring slip off (my fault) on an old car I used to have. No power brakes on that one, so I blew a stop sign smoking the back tires while standing on the brakes with both feet. It took a second to realize that I could shut the car off, but until then :blink: :S :ohmy: :X

2004 ZX-10R
Angola, IN

• kz1k
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • You Cant Fix Stupid!
More
16 Sep 2010 04:32 #399055 by kz1k
wow, sorry about your story man. ok, ill grab both of em, like you saud better safe than sorry. thanks.

1978 KZ1000A2

• testarossa
  • User
More
16 Sep 2010 05:24 #399061 by testarossa
Were the cables sticky?

2004 ZX-10R
Angola, IN

• kz1k
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • You Cant Fix Stupid!
More
16 Sep 2010 07:36 #399086 by kz1k
i oiled up the cables and cleaned the twist throttle. she is working like new. thanks again.....Joe

1978 KZ1000A2