• kz1k
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • You Cant Fix Stupid!
More
15 Sep 2010 10:32 #398880 by kz1k
Replied by kz1k on topic cleaning my carbs

1978 KZ1000A2

"JUST IN! A MAN WHO HOLDS THE WORLD RECORD FOR USING THE MOST DRUGS DIES TODAY. HE WAS WAS ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS HE THOUGHT HE SAW"

WHY FART AND WASTE IT, WHEN YOU CAN BURP AND TASTE IT?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• TeK9iNe
  • User
  • What did you do!?!
More
16 Sep 2010 20:27 - 16 Sep 2010 20:28 #399234 by TeK9iNe
Replied by TeK9iNe on topic cleaning my carbs
See, its not that difficult :laugh: When you use the diagrams I supplied and the manual. ;)

I always seperate carbs due to the fact that many have had clogs and varnish in the fuel transfer lines between carbs.

Did you spray carb cleaner through all the carb passage ways?.. and watch it squirt through the small holes in the bores???
If not, then be prepared to take them apart again when guessing later why things arent quite right...

Good luck!

B)

Motorcycle Shop Owner/Operator

79 Kawie Z1000 LTD
81 Kawie Z1000 CSR
83 Honda VT750C A
85 Kawie GPZ900 A2
86 Zukie GS1150 EG
93 Yamie XV1100 E
Lucky to have rolled many old bikes through my doors ;)
Last edit: 16 Sep 2010 20:28 by TeK9iNe.

• Motor Head
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
More
23 Sep 2010 14:50 #401227 by Motor Head
Replied by Motor Head on topic cleaning my carbs
So when you did all of this, you did not have or use carb kits? :unsure:

1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...

• kz1k
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • You Cant Fix Stupid!
More
23 Sep 2010 14:55 #401230 by kz1k
Replied by kz1k on topic cleaning my carbs
Motor Head wrote:

So when you did all of this, you did not have or use carb kits? :unsure:

correct....reason being was, when i took the bowls off the floats were stuck. i couldnt even move the butterfly. i took em apart, cleaned em enough to see if it would work mechanically. once i figured it was ok, i knew the carbs were ok and i didnt need to buy any. itll be a while before i use the carbs with all thats going on, so the way i see it...practice makes perfect.

btw, i didnt spray cleaner through holes to see if it would come out certain passages. i read about it after i did the carbs, so taking them apart again and giving them a thourough cleaning, (better than the first) i can add my gaskets and slap her in.

good q though....i do shit ass backwards sometimes...dont ask why because i couldnt tell ya....the doc says im crazy, whatever that means.

1978 KZ1000A2

"JUST IN! A MAN WHO HOLDS THE WORLD RECORD FOR USING THE MOST DRUGS DIES TODAY. HE WAS WAS ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS HE THOUGHT HE SAW"

WHY FART AND WASTE IT, WHEN YOU CAN BURP AND TASTE IT?