Petcock Help!!!

More
23 Aug 2010 18:25 #393323 by havakaw
Petcock Help!!! was created by havakaw
OK..I have an '82 kz1100 A2 Shaft bike.It either had a Pingle or JC Whitney Petcock on it,but it wasn't good.So I want to go back to stock,and the question is:What is the difference between the various part numbers for these units?I picked up a used unit for a 1000,but I don't like it.I have an extra new one for my 750H.It looks like the only difference is the orientation of the vac line hookup and fuel line outlet.The body looks like it will bolt up to the tank.Is there a flow rate difference?I'm getting down to the final reassembly on this and want to get it right the first time.

'80 KZ 750 LTD-H
'82 KZ 1100 A-2 Shafty (ex-bagger)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Aug 2010 03:24 - 24 Aug 2010 05:08 #393402 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic Petcock Help!!!
Flow rate should be fine.

Would mostly consider proper fitment to tank, and when fitted, clearance from other parts and access to vac and fuel nipples. Including non-interference with continued ability to remove and replace fuel tank.

Good Fortune! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
Last edit: 24 Aug 2010 05:08 by Patton.

More
24 Aug 2010 06:47 #393427 by RonKZ650
Replied by RonKZ650 on topic Petcock Help!!!
There are tons of different numbers. Some have the fuel pickup slightly different lengths for different tanks, some have the on/pri/res positions swapped for some unknown reasons, some have the vacuum nipple pointing different, some have slightly larger fuel line outlet. They can all be swapped around as long as the bolt pattern is the same. The vacuum nipple can easily be rotated to any position by unscrewing the 4 philips screws, turn the plate and reattach.

321,000 miles on KZ's that I can remember. Not going to see any more.