lag

• stonemaster
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
23 Aug 2010 04:29 #393154 by stonemaster
Replied by stonemaster on topic lag
I hadnt thought of that one but I had done the tube test, u never know
keep em coming guys, with these responses i'm formulating my punch list and order of battle, LOL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• testarossa
  • User
  • Attack life, it's only trying to kill you.
More
23 Aug 2010 04:58 #393156 by testarossa
Replied by testarossa on topic lag
Actually, in my mind I had the floats pictured backward. If my slosh effect were happening, it would lead to the floats falling open. If you were riding uphill then the effect would be to keep the floats open thus creating a rich condition. As usual, I'm 180* out. In any case, was the float adjustment made on the bench or on the bike? It could make a difference.

Also it might be worth while to check for loose wiring related to the ignition system. It's possible that you may have a wire that is moving when you accelerate away and then it returns to its normal position once in a steady state speed on the road. Intermittent contact could be causing a temporary miss.

1978 KZ1000 A2 Click--->Build Thread
2004 ZX-10R
2007 Harley Sportster 1200
2020 Harley Street Glide Special
Angola, IN

• stonemaster
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
26 Aug 2010 05:06 #393903 by stonemaster
found this on Dans MC Repair a few tip on balancing with manometer, will try again soon (working on other bike today)

• mark1122
  • User
  • Keep twisting it
More
26 Aug 2010 15:23 #394021 by mark1122
Replied by mark1122 on topic lag
stonemaster wrote:

went for a ride last night, bike ran fine except ... only lags/hesitates off a dead stop, and is more noticeable if I pull out of my driveway going in the uphill direction. Otherwise it runs good. With my past crab fart problems I'm reluctant to move the jet needle clip higher. It is on 4 right now and going to 3 means leaner correct?? I'm afraid it will go back to carb farting again ....opinions ????

what change did u make to get this slight improvement from the last reply?

it sounds like the pilots are lean to me.
this would be normal after adding pods. u said u turned the pilot screws in from 1 1/4 to 1 turn to stop the farting. how about turning then in some more? these are air screws right? (screws are on the motor side of the slides)this will richen the mix.
going up hill should not affect performance level due to the fuel float . pressure on floats from fuel should keep them closed.

76 KZ, frame gusset work,1200CC.Ported by Larry Cavanaugh, 1.5mm.over intakes, Carron Pipe, ZRX12 rear end, and seat,96zx9 front end.
01 CBR600F4i Track bike.
Cobourg, Ont. Can.

~ ~ ~_@
~ ~ _- \,
~ (k) / (z)

• stonemaster
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
27 Aug 2010 04:04 #394149 by stonemaster
I'm gonna try the pilot screws in a little more but i dont think that'll work, I'll probably off the carbs, go through em again,maybe a sync problem, maybe something else ???

thanx

• stonemaster
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
28 Aug 2010 02:53 #394488 by stonemaster
well turning the air screws in didnt help, about one turn out is best on this bike will try syncing again ,

• stonemaster
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
30 Aug 2010 17:36 #395101 by stonemaster
OK now I figured I think it aint the carbs, I think it may be the clutch, I tightened up on it some and a decent improvment, will try more tomorrow, I did drop down to 17.5 on the pilots though and that got rid of another problem but the lag I 'm pretty sure is clutch related, in first gear only, worse when going uphill???? It aint always what you think !!!