WTB float bowl drain hose

More
13 Apr 2006 05:30 #39160 by farmer fred
WTB float bowl drain hose was created by farmer fred
Anyone know a source of this stuff? I'd like to get some in clear or translucent hose, a size that fits on the overflow outlets coming out of the bottom of the float bowls.

TIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Biquetoast
  • User
  • King Jeremy The Wicked
More
13 Apr 2006 05:41 #39163 by Biquetoast
Replied by Biquetoast on topic WTB float bowl drain hose
farmer fred wrote:

Anyone know a source of this stuff? I'd like to get some in clear or translucent hose, a size that fits on the overflow outlets coming out of the bottom of the float bowls.

TIA

I don't know the *correct* source for the hoses, but I do know that my local hardware store has an amazing array of hoses (especially clear) in tons of sizes. They have rolls and rolls of the stuff that they sell for like a few pennies per foot.

I hope they have it, because I actually lost one of my float bowl drain hoses over the winter too, and I was going to head up to the hardware store and get some in a few days...

(1.) '75/'76 KZ400D - Commuter
(2.) '78 KZ750B3 Twin - Commuter
(3.) '78 KZ750B3 Twin - Commuter
(4.) '75 KZ400D - Sold
kz750twins.com

More
13 Apr 2006 08:39 #39180 by lifeliberty
Replied by lifeliberty on topic WTB float bowl drain hose
I picked up some rubber hose from advance auto parts. I think it listed under windsheild wiper washer hose. it fits fine and works fine and was cheap. it is a little thicker than stock hose, but that doesn't bother me as long as the gas is routed away from the bike. you might also try fish tank air hoses if you want clear. if you want a chemical resistant hose check into tygon tubing.