kz750 ltd h2 1981 CARBS QUESTION

• angel_uk
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Wildlife Artist and adventurer by any means!
More
12 Aug 2010 16:10 #390414 by angel_uk
kz750 ltd h2 1981 CARBS QUESTION was created by angel_uk
hi kzr's

my dad and i've nearly restored a kz750 ltd h2.
the carbs have been restored by experts.
we're just removing the air valve emission system and we've been advised that we might have to get the carbs rejected, is this correct please?

this is the first bike that we've overhauled completely and our knowledge is not expert. a big learning curve here. the bike was assembled with no knowledge, no OEM and the WEB/Ebays helped to piece together this 29 year old bike.

many thanks for any advice offered¬

regards

angie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Motor Head
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
More
12 Aug 2010 16:15 #390416 by Motor Head
Replied by Motor Head on topic kz750 ltd h2 1981 CARBS QUESTION
No re-jetting for removal of the air system is needed.
Although you may for other reasons, POD air filters or a 4 into 1 exhaust are the two most common.

1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...

• angel_uk
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Wildlife Artist and adventurer by any means!
More
13 Aug 2010 06:19 #390576 by angel_uk
Replied by angel_uk on topic kz750 ltd h2 1981 CARBS QUESTION
hi motor

my dad and i say a big thank you lovely!.. for all of your input on the forum!...

we've changed the aftermarket 4 into 1 exhaust to four into two. that's the only thing that has been done to the exhaust. the carbs have been ultrasonically cleaned and put back together. the carbs just need synchronising with the newer engine. this kz7u50 engine came from Missouri and only has 6,600 miles on it, what a find on ebay!..

we've found another way of blocking off the reed valves.
an engineer friend of ours turned a nylon rod to fit the inside of the pipe hole. he made it a very tight fit when turning the nylon and then tapped it into the tube, with a rubber hammer!.. this is better and cheaper than paying $50! this was done on both sides.

how many bikes have you had motor, what types please?

many thanks motor

angie
((( hug x )))

• Motor Head
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
More
13 Aug 2010 06:24 #390577 by Motor Head
Replied by Motor Head on topic kz750 ltd h2 1981 CARBS QUESTION
Hey If I can help I will, I try to give what I believe is right Info.
As to the bikes, The 3 KZ's are in my signature at the bottom of each post. You can click on "profile" for more. I have a few Pictures in the "Gallery" too.
Then we have some dirt bikes too.:laugh:

1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...