82 kz550 carb problems

More
11 Aug 2010 13:03 #390135 by nkymain485
82 kz550 carb problems was created by nkymain485
so i have a friend that has an 82 kz550 and he had his carbs rebuilt. all the vaccum lines were removed and he did not not what went where etc. We tried just plugging the holes on the carbs thinking that might work, currently the carbs are running pod filters and exhaust cut off at the mufflers... we went three sizes bigger then stock but it still seems to miss, and now wont even start. At first we got it running by keeping the choke on and then once choke was off it would die, same when you gave it gas.... i read somewhere there is a vaccum line that runs from the petcock to the carb, is this the fuel supply line or is there supposed to be another... any help is much appreciated!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Aug 2010 13:50 #390144 by bountyhunter
Replied by bountyhunter on topic 82 kz550 carb problems
The vacuum line to the petcock is what turns the fuel flow through the petcock on. I believe if you select the "prime" position on the petcock, you don't need the vacuum to make the gas flow.

Each carb should have a fuel inlet line and a small bowl vent tube as well as a small overflow tube (if they are like my carbs)

1979 KZ-750 Twin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.