altitude and humidity factors

• stonemaster
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
25 Jul 2010 18:19 #385751 by stonemaster
altitude and humidity factors was created by stonemaster
how does said affect tuning, i am at 3500 ft and its been 90 % for so long I/ve forgotten, i read once that around 3000 ft one should consider jet/adjustment change ... experts ???? and humidity as well ???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Motor Head
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
More
25 Jul 2010 19:05 #385758 by Motor Head
Replied by Motor Head on topic altitude and humidity factors
Higher altitude as well as warmer air will cause your setting to be Richer than lower altitudes and colder air.
Don't go changing jet sizes without making sure of all other systems are correct. Ignition perfect, spark, timing, advancer function/ Compression/ No vacuum leaks/ carb's cleaned, floats set, and carb's synced, fresh air & fuel filters/ and have been doing plug readings, and mileage figures, Then if you determine adjustment is necessary, adjust jetting.
If you believe you are at that point now, Post up all model info, carbs, all jet sizes, and if you can plug pic's. There are guys who can get you a setting that's real close, if you need that.

1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...

• kzz1p
  • User
  • One Test Is Worth A Thousand Expert Opinions!
More
25 Jul 2010 23:25 - 25 Jul 2010 23:25 #385835 by kzz1p
Replied by kzz1p on topic altitude and humidity factors
After you find out your jet sizes,etc.,etc. You might want to check out the thread on "Interesting Reading" about bad air. Just a suggestion, take it for what it's worth.
Last edit: 25 Jul 2010 23:25 by kzz1p.